Conference Realignment

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Earlier this week, Notre Dame Athletic Director Jack Swarbrick called the conference shifting a “complete disaster."
“I think the decision-making has lost its way in terms of the focus on the student-athlete and what’s primarily best for them,” he told “The Dan Patrick Show” on Wednesday. “I’m all for more regional scheduling. I think it makes a load of sense.”

Says the athletic director from the one school that fancies themselves a “national” university and has completely refused to join a conference or play a regional schedule.....
I really don’t know the man, but this quote from his position is entirely laughable and insulting....
UNLESS he has plans to change their course.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Earlier this week, Notre Dame Athletic Director Jack Swarbrick called the conference shifting a “complete disaster."
“I think the decision-making has lost its way in terms of the focus on the student-athlete and what’s primarily best for them,” he told “The Dan Patrick Show” on Wednesday. “I’m all for more regional scheduling. I think it makes a load of sense.”

Says the athletic director from the one school that fancies themselves a “national” university and has completely refused to join a conference or play a regional schedule.....
I really don’t know the man, but this quote from his position is entirely laughable and insulting....
I listened to that. Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer

Self absorbed hypocrites. Will they care if the ACC flies apart and institutions like GT, Duke, Wake don't have a conference anymore. The answer is NO!

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
https://www.on3.com/news/big-12-no-...s-cal-stanford-oreogn-state-washington-state/

Well, I guess the B12 just told the ACC, “take all the time you need...”

Bad news for ORST, WASt and Cal....
I seriously doubt that more than 5% of all of the reporting has any factual basis. People are upset that Stanford "bullied" the ACC to make a decision quickly. Now it appears that there is no reason to make such a "request" since there isn't another offer dangling out there. The world has gotten crazy where people can get on Twitter, reddit, TikTok, or forums and make stuff up or speculate and everyone believes that it is 100% fact. This is a prime example. People believed the reporting that the Big12 was going to take all four Pac12 teams in a couple of weeks. Now people believe that there is zero credibility to that reporting. Nobody will question the credibility of those that reported the Big12 plans when they report something else. If the Big12 ends up taking those teams on Monday, nobody will question McMurphy's credibility the next time he reports something. As a society we really need to get back to questioning the source and credibility of information we receive, and ignoring information that comes from sources of low credibility.

We don't know what discussions are going on, nor what the details of those discussions are. We have gotten accustomed to having answers immediately and can no longer accept that sometimes it takes a while to know what is going to happen.

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
From 2030/31 to 2036, the ACC may have the highest-paying TV contract in CF.
This is about where I am. Once B1G and SEC re-up I think the market normalizes to something much less than they are getting now. ESPN definitely overpaid for SEC, and it shows with all the money itbis hemorrhaging now.

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
Why does anyone think adding west coast teams is a good idea? Seems like a drag for the students to have to go out there. SMU is not as bad a ride, but NoCal is a completely different matter.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I seriously doubt that more than 5% of all of the reporting has any factual basis. People are upset that Stanford "bullied" the ACC to make a decision quickly. Now it appears that there is no reason to make such a "request" since there isn't another offer dangling out there. The world has gotten crazy where people can get on Twitter, reddit, TikTok, or forums and make stuff up or speculate and everyone believes that it is 100% fact. This is a prime example. People believed the reporting that the Big12 was going to take all four Pac12 teams in a couple of weeks. Now people believe that there is zero credibility to that reporting. Nobody will question the credibility of those that reported the Big12 plans when they report something else. If the Big12 ends up taking those teams on Monday, nobody will question McMurphy's credibility the next time he reports something. As a society we really need to get back to questioning the source and credibility of information we receive, and ignoring information that comes from sources of low credibility.

We don't know what discussions are going on, nor what the details of those discussions are. We have gotten accustomed to having answers immediately and can no longer accept that sometimes it takes a while to know what is going to happen.
Agreed...
My favorite part is how the reaction to all of the false reporting always signals the same conclusion... “the ACC is weak... life support... it will be torn apart...”
I have yet to see anyone tell us how or admit that it’s virtually impossible for that to happen in the next 8-10 years.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Elite athletics and academics across a broad spectrum. But I don't think they have much following outside of Virginia and aren't a major market center so not as much market value.
They are a State the B1G is not in currently as well as what you pointed out. They are "The State" University in Virginia which is the type school the B1G has been adding.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
The world has gotten crazy where people can get on Twitter, reddit, TikTok, or forums and make stuff up or speculate and everyone believes that it is 100% fact.
Liar Faking GIF by Catfish MTV

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Did anyone 5 years ago think the PAC 12 would fall apart.( you are talking about a conference older than the ACC)
Not sure if this was intended as a response to my prior post, but no, no one thought the PAC would fall apart like this. Still not a reason to think the ACC will fall apart though, and certainly not in the near future.
2030-2031 is going to be crazy as everyone is working on their new deals. I still don’t believe more than a school or two buys their way out at that point... maybe none.
2034-2036 could see a lot of movement for the ACC and it’s certainly possible that the ACC that emerges is vastly changed.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I just can’t see the BIG or SEC getting bigger. Especially if TV deals get smaller. The only enticement left, as I see it, would the mega conferences have pods and each winner goes to the playoffs. OU, BAMA, A&M, LSU, UGA, Texas, Auburn, UF, and Tennessee all going to the playoffs? Same with the BIG.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Why does anyone think adding west coast teams is a good idea? Seems like a drag for the students to have to go out there. SMU is not as bad a ride, but NoCal is a completely different matter.
I agree. It works for football and MAYBE men’s basketball, but for no one else.