Coming soon to GT: Corporate sponsorships and new names for football field and basketball gym

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Assume the field is renamed, who would you prefer.
Delta Airlines
Home Depot
Coca-cola
Hyundai/Genesis/any auto brand
Microsoft
Amazon
Meta
Lenovo/IBM/DELL/Cisco
Budweiser/ Anheuser Busch

Personally would like Delta or Home Depot
Eat Mor Chikin Field

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Coke would never do it. They are tied into way too many sporting events around the world. Delta might have in the past but they are now making a huge push in the NY market. We do need someone who is trying to get more exposure in the Atlanta marketplace. Maybe a RaceTrac, UPS (may need it after the potential strike), Hyundai which has already been mentioned. Or it may be someone trying to break into the Atlanta marketplace and trying to make a splash.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Coke would never do it. They are tied into way too many sporting events around the world. Delta might have in the past but they are now making a huge push in the NY market. We do need someone who is trying to get more exposure in the Atlanta marketplace. Maybe a RaceTrac, UPS (may need it after the potential strike), Hyundai which has already been mentioned. Or it may be someone trying to break into the Atlanta marketplace and trying to make a splash.

EddieK

Jolly Good Fellow
Rivian makes sense

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
This is really not that big of a deal. I would be willing to bet there is a large portion of our alumni base that doesn't even know what Grant Field is. The stadium name isn't changing. We get a free check from Hyundai for probably 10 years and then it probably goes to another corporation. College athletics is changing. If you want to be relevant you need to change with it.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
This is really not that big of a deal. I would be willing to bet there is a large portion of our alumni base that doesn't even know what Grant Field is. The stadium name isn't changing. We get a free check from Hyundai for probably 10 years and then it probably goes to another corporation. College athletics is changing. If you want to be relevant you need to change with it.
The portion of our alumni base that doesn't know what Grant Field is also doesn't watch our football games.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I guess "The Waffle House" is no longer a possibility...
I see what you did there..... And.....

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The portion of our alumni base that doesn't know what Grant Field is also doesn't watch our football games.
I watch all the time but i dont know the history of grant . I know about Hiesman, Dodd, Broyles, Rice. They are relevant to gtaa because national trophies are awarded based on their past excellence. Their names bring honor to gt. But i dont know what this Grant guy did relative to gtaa/ fb?

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I watch all the time but i dont know the history of grant . I know about Hiesman, Dodd, Broyles, Rice. They are relevant to gtaa because national trophies are awarded based on their past excellence. Their names bring honor to gt. But i dont know what this Grant guy did relative to gtaa/ fb?
“The historical significance of the Grant Field name, though, should not be understated amidst the news. Though football has been played on the site since 1905, the stadium as we know it today began to take shape from 1913, when grandstands were built; it became the full-time home of Tech football for the 1912 season. John Grant, a member of the Tech Board of Trustees and prominent Atlanta mogul, was the benefactor of the facility. Grant dedicated his gift in honor of his deceased son Hugh Inman Grant, who died at the age of 11 in 1906. Grant Field predates most campus buildings, with just the Hill older than the facility.”

”$15,000 in 1912 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $470,299.48 today, an increase of $455,299.48 over 111 years.“

Not an insignificant gift to honor one’s dead son and a school he admired.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
But you know what Grant Field is, even if you don't know the history behind the name.