Coming soon to GT: Corporate sponsorships and new names for football field and basketball gym

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I'll text Elon and see if we can get "Bobby Dodd Stadium at Grant Field on the 'X' Flats". Or maybe we paint a giant "X" on the top of the pavilion and call it "The X". Or even better..."The Twit" if he buys Twitter ;)

Oh, and Sweetwater is Dawg-owned, so no.
Pretty sure Sweetwater is owned by a Canadian cannabis company these days.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
They at least did name the courtyard outside the west entrance after Alexander. I mean he’s got a lot named for him at Tech. Alexander-Rose Bowl field, Alexander-Tharpe Fund, etc. I mean, no matter the name I just call it the thrillerdome.

True, but how do you take his name off of a building?? Agree that McCamish Pavilion at Alexander Memorial Coliseum would've been fine. Still fires me up.

Techastrophe

Georgia Tech Fan
There's a lot more to monetize than the stadium name.

Tackle for loss: 97.1 Classic Hit

Third down: ACE Cash Express Down

Team record: So So Def Record

Homecoming game: Truist Mortgage Homecoming Game

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
There's a lot more to monetize than the stadium name.

Tackle for loss: 97.1 Classic Hit

Third down: ACE Cash Express Down

Team record: So So Def Record

Homecoming game: Truist Mortgage Homecoming Game

Every Down is Money Down! - all fans must contribute to the former coach buyout fund for falling for that schtick every down, every game..... ;) :LOL:

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
I hate these corporate naming rights stadium deals, and I don’t really understand why the corporations bother in most cases, because I don’t really pay much attention to the sponsor name in most cases, and I assume there others like me. For example, I know the brave’s stadium is called truist park (it took me about one season to remember it), but I just think of it as and refer to it as “the brave’s stadium”. My point is, I just don’t think the corporations really gain any name recognition by doing this, so I don’t see the return on investment. Plus, when the name is likely to change every few years, it is just that much more annoying to call the stadium by some bogus name, when you know it might not even exist by that name in a year or two.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
And negative association is a real thing. If the dwags stadium became Coca Cola stadium, I would start drinking Pepsi.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Ajc app isn’t letting me read articles anymore, guess they are cracking down…Was it mentioned how much we would sell it for? Would it be a yearly sale? One payout for set number of years?

Our debt is insane, so I’m honestly for it if the price is right and I think everyone should be. Money needs to be an absolute priority in this super pivotal era of cfb.

GetTheGTTruth

Georgia Tech Fan
The GTAA needs a lot more money. So I wouldn’t bee surprised to see major sponsorship deals for the naming rights to GT’s football field and basketball gymnasium — especially when the new AD comes on board.

How about:

Home Depot Stadium at Bobby Dodd-Grant Field

or:

(Insert corporate name here) Stadium at Bobby Dodd-Grant Field.

and:

UPS Coliseum at McCamish Pavilion

Etc. ditto.

Perhaps the GT baseball field, too?

NCR Field at MacNeese Baseball Park at Russ Chandler Stadium

In short, it’s going to happen, folks. The GTAA needs to procure more money through additional — and nontraditional — revenue streams.

The new AD will move toward it.
Good call.....

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I don't mean to brag here so I don't want to be called out for this but I have a sum of money in a coffee can in my backyard that if not near 4 figures is mighty damn close. J Batt, we know you read this site, let' get in touch and do a deal. I would toss the entire figure at you plus my three or four shotguns, one of which is a mint condition double barrel model 23 Winchester which has been proven to be deadly to doves, quail, grouse AND pheasants (depending on shell selection) under the condition I could name it (the stadium) after my Mom (may God rest her soul). The others include, but are not limited to, a Remington pump which is my go-to for hunting turkeys. This thing is lethal inside 40 yards with the Federal Premium # 4 loads. Plus I have an unopened bottle of Lagavullin 16 year old that I will toss in. Other than naming rights I want free parking, a golf polo in the correct shade of gold which for us average Joe on the street is impossible to find and unlimited access to Varsity cuisine during home game weekends.

J Batt let's get this done. But DM me so we can keep this out of the public purview please. Or if you prefer, just call my attorney direct and leave me out of the loop.

Best wishes for the upcoming season btw.