Collins start recruiting Justin Fields.....

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Just so this thread doesn't go on forever, I know one of his relatives and he is not transferring.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Kirbs will not release him to anyone on their regular season schedule. FSU makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I thought I read on here that UGA and GT recently agreed to allow transfers as of this year.

That's correct but they also never imagined a guy that highly-touted possibly coming here. I don't believe we'll be an option for him. However, if he (or a guy like that) wants to come here, I expect them to renege on that "agreement".

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Jolly Good Fellow
Agree. Richt would let him go (see JJ Green). No way Kirby will...I think he actually blocked a kid in the same situation.
What’s the actual rule that coaches use to dictate where SAs are allowed to transfer to? If schollys are “1 year contracts”, what’s the actual mechanism coaches use over their guys?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
What’s the actual rule that coaches use to dictate where SAs are allowed to transfer to? If schollys are “1 year contracts”, what’s the actual mechanism coaches use over their guys?

IIUC, the no in-league transfers is a league thing. ETA: IOW, the ACC and SEC have that rule in place.

The 'no one on our schedule' or 'cause I can .. unless you complain too publicly' no-transfer lists, again IIUC, is a per-coach thing.

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Jolly Good Fellow
IIUC, the no in-league transfers is a league thing. ETA: IOW, the ACC and SEC have that rule in place.

The 'no one on our schedule' or 'cause I can .. unless you complain too publicly' no-transfer lists, again IIUC, is a per-coach thing.

What I’m asking though is how? Schollys are year to year, right?

Is it because Fields has already signed his scholly papers for the ‘19 season and he needs Kirby to say - it’s OK for you to break our “contract?”

I’ve never understood where the power of the coach in that regard comes from if schollys are always truly year to year.

Dpjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I thought I’d heard that CPJ and Coach Smart had mutual respect (or we might have been stomped 69-21 this year?). If so, an active attempt to poach Fields would set a tone for years to come.

That said, if CKS knows that Fields will not be his QB next couple years then I would hope he would let the kid find his way whenever it might be. A kid’s career/life is bigger than a game on a schedule.

Or maybe a Factory is really just a processing plant.