Collins start recruiting Justin Fields.....

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Couldn't Smart just block him from coming here? I know UGA let JJ Green come here but Fields is obviously not JJ Green.

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes yes yes yes. Literally my first thought after the announcement was “Hope he's on the phone with Justin Fields right now.”

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Why did Fields go to UGA? Fromm unseated a 5***** QB and then led them to the NC title game. I am not sure I want Fields here if he is that dumb.

Fromm is a dang good QB. It was silly how Uga kept putting Fields in for a play here and there against Bama. Fromm was playing incredibly well.

It continually amazes me how these top programs are able to keep guys.

Hurts stays at Bama
Chubb and Michel stay at Uga
Dline stays at Clemson

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Is just speculation on my part but I can't imagine him wasting another year over there being Fromm's towel boy.
The kick in the pants to Fields was that Kirby played him enough to waste away (put politely) his redshirt but not enough to get any meaningful reps.
Of course if/when he transfers, if he doesn't drop down to a JUCO level or smaller conference, he would sit out a year. Although technically he could use that as his "redshirt" year and still have 3 years to play?? Correct?

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
Just heard from my f-i-l, a big Vols fan, that an insider on their board from the Atlanta area just said that Fields is leaving UGA but won't land in the SEC anywhere.

I told him I refuse to make any obvious logical leaps based on the information provided. I just can't imagine a scenario where he lands at GT.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Just heard from my f-i-l, a big Vols fan, that an insider on their board from the Atlanta area just said that Fields is leaving UGA but won't land in the SEC anywhere.

I told him I refuse to make any obvious logical leaps based on the information provided. I just can't imagine a scenario where he lands at GT.

He’ll probably go to Temple.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck

Typically schools have the abillity to limit where a guy who is transferring can go. And 2 routes that most schools go with are 1) You can't transfer within the conference and 2) You can't transfer to any school that's on our schedule over the next 2 or 3 years. About the only way that Fields could bypass that is to do what Cam Newton did when he left Florida and go the junior college route for a year and then UGA couldn't put any limitations on him. Personally I can't stand Penn St. but Fields would probably be better off right now if he had honored his 1rst commitment and went there.

Bigb

Jolly Good Fellow
Typically schools have the abillity to limit where a guy who is transferring can go. And 2 routes that most schools go with are 1) You can't transfer within the conference and 2) You can't transfer to any school that's on our schedule over the next 2 or 3 years. About the only way that Fields could bypass that is to do what Cam Newton did when he left Florida and go the junior college route for a year and then UGA couldn't put any limitations on him. Personally I can't stand Penn St. but Fields would probably be better off right now if he had honored his 1rst commitment and went there.
Those are the old rules. Transfer restriction rules have been heavily curtailed by the NCAA. The SEC may have some intraconference rules, but that wouldn’t apply to us.