Coincidence for those in the know?

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
This may have been covered elsewhere, but does anyone know the total salaries for staff today versus the past regime?

The salaries of the previous staff can be found. Georgia passed "Kirby's Law" law a couple of years ago. When someone files a freedom of information act request to get contract details of the new staff it is possible that they can delay releasing information for 90 days. I don't know that the GTAA would take all of that time, but I don't know why they would respond more quickly. If there is something they want to delay the release of later, it seems to me that any prior quick releases would arouse suspicion.

I haven't seen any reports that anyone has requested information yet. It would make sense for the reporters to wait until the staff is stable instead of asking every couple of days. Once the request is made, it could be three months before that reporter gets the information. I suspect we won't see any information until late March or April.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Any season that ends with 9 wins, and includes a win over Uga, is a very good season.
You really feel this way? The win against Georgia is the only thing that made that a good season. Let me ask it this way. What if we were 7-4 (4-4) on Thanksgiving day every year. Would you be happy with those results?

bravejason

Jolly Good Fellow
You really feel this way? The win against Georgia is the only thing that made that a good season. Let me ask it this way. What if we were 7-4 (4-4) on Thanksgiving day every year. Would you be happy with those results?

That’s essentially the Chan Gailey era, except he got past 7 wins just once.

The reality is that expectations rise. 9-4 with a win over uga would be acceptable for a few years, then the expectation would rise to 10 wins. If after a few more years 10 wins wasn’t being reached, there would be calls for a new coach who could take the team “to the next level”. That’s essentially what got Richt fired from uga - expectations moved beyond what he could achieve.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
CPJ retiring, Prez retiring, seemingly much bigger staff, and going after the previously unattainable.

Did the powers that be finally put football as a top priority? Did the purse strings get untied? Did we tell the Hill where to go? Are we really trying to run with the big boys?

Too much of a coincidence for me. Or is everything finally breaking our way?
We are heading towards bigger and greater things...the first initiative into theorizing on conspiracy theories is a top 20 program characteristic...

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
The 4 star DB wanted to play QB and we were the only school that allowed that.

The only reason Smelter was on the team was because he quit baseball, we can thank Danny Hall for him. The other WR was a safety prospect and we gave him a shot at WR.

Shaq was a 2 star diamond in the rough and we had to go to Australia to get Gotsis.

So yeah I'd say most of these guys we got unconventionally, and a lot of that is because of the system we ran.
I always find it funny how everyone called JT a defensive back or athlete but JT. Hell, he barely played any defense but has been proclaimed a defensive back and not a QB. Just for giggles, lets remind everyone that little Joe wasnt taken seriously as a QB as well. Maybe we got him because of our offense.:) As far as being unconventional, please I want more. By the way, so does CGC. The man is all over Europe as we speek looking for 350 lb , 4.2 nose tackles.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I always find it funny how everyone called JT a defensive back or athlete but JT. Hell, he barely played any defense but has been proclaimed a defensive back and not a QB. Just for giggles, lets remind everyone that little Joe wasnt taken seriously as a QB as well. Maybe we got him because of our offense.:) As far as being unconventional, please I want more. By the way, so does CGC. The man is all over Europe as we speek looking for 350 lb , 4.2 nose tackles.
We got Lil’ Joe because nobody else wanted a short QB. There wasn’t a big GT vs the “Big Boys” recruiting fight with us prevailing over the factories & their bagmen.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
We got Lil’ Joe because nobody else wanted a short QB. There wasn’t a big GT vs the “Big Boys” recruiting fight with us prevailing over the factories & their bagmen.
I was poking fun at the obvious agenda in the previous post. Actually both QBs landed at tech because of their size. If these guys had been 6'2" they would have played somewhere else. I would love to see what Little Joe could have done in PJs offense and what JT could have looked like under the Fridge. I for one couldn't care about what offense we run as long as it produces great #s. I love watching 1990, 99, 00, 01 or 2014.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck

Everyone else recruited him as a DB, the reason he came to GT is because we wanted him at QB. I love JT, I think he was our best all around QB since Joe. But if Saban let him play QB he would've remained committed to Bama, that's not a secret.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I was poking fun at the obvious agenda in the previous post. Actually both QBs landed at tech because of their size. If these guys had been 6'2" they would have played somewhere else. I would love to see what Little Joe could have done in PJs offense and what JT could have looked like under the Fridge. I for one couldn't care about what offense we run as long as it produces great #s. I love watching 1990, 99, 00, 01 or 2014.
Oops went over my head!

I’m with you. I liked Fridge’s offenses & CPJ’s offenses. I only got to see 1 game in 1990. Got back stateside to find an undefeated GT playing Nebraska & spared no expenses to get to the game. Glad I did because I would not hardly have believed it had I not seen it in person for myself. Just flat out freaking dominant on both sides of the ball.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer

To be honest, if it included a win over the Dwags every year, I would be Ok with that.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Wow, a 350 lb nose tackle that only stands 4.2. That is some kind of low pad level!