Coincidence for those in the know?

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
CPJ retiring, Prez retiring, seemingly much bigger staff, and going after the previously unattainable.

Did the powers that be finally put football as a top priority? Did the purse strings get untied? Did we tell the Hill where to go? Are we really trying to run with the big boys?

Too much of a coincidence for me. Or is everything finally breaking our way?

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
CPJ retiring, Prez retiring, seemingly much bigger staff, and going after the previously unattainable.

Did the powers that be finally put football as a top priority? Did the purse strings get untied? Did we tell the Hill where to go? Are we really trying to run with the big boys?

All of the above!

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Animal02

Banned

Crazy to think that anyone is telling the Hill where to go....or that they would listen if someone did.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck

Of course it's coincidence. Why would you think otherwise?

Deleted member 2897

Get Todd Stansbury drunk and see if you can find out! :beercheers::geek:

In all seriousness, I think the answer to your OR question (since you didn't say XOR) is "yes".

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer

No way football suddenly overtakes academics and calls the shots like this. Foil hat conspiracy level for anyone who actually believes that.

I want some expanded majors to help out sports. That is when you know anything real has happened. Otherwise players still need to take hard classes (compared to other football schools) pass them and stay on track to graduate. We can only recruit players who can handle that side of it, thus greatly reducing or pool of possible recruits. The other option is we need a HUGE recruiting staff to bring in the best who can handle it.
Those are the only two options. It does not matter how good you can recruit.

Everything else is just lipstick on a pig.

Deleted member 2897

I want some expanded majors to help out sports. That is when you know anything real has happened. Otherwise players still need to take hard classes (compared to other football schools) pass them and stay on track to graduate. We can only recruit players who can handle that side of it, thus greatly reducing or pool of possible recruits. The other option is we need a HUGE recruiting staff to bring in the best who can handle it.
Those are the only two options. It does not matter how good you can recruit.

Everything else is just lipstick on a pig.

The Board of Regents will ensure that never happens.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I asked and was told on another post that the staff is the same size as before.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

We can hope.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Coach left on his own. No way he was pushed out.

I doubt we will ever know one way or the other, and it doesn't really matter.

That being said it is very odd that Johnson received an extension after missing a bowl just to turn around and retire a year later. Between that and the midseason vote of confidence from the AD makes it hard to believe Johnson's retiring wasn't without some sort of influence from TStan. Now whether that was being pushed out, some sort of hand shake agreement, or something else I dunno.