Coaching Carousel -- Just Pastner 2019

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Yeah I off the Drew train. I was driving for a while but Im out.

Guys id like to see considered:

Earl Grant
Nathan Davis
Steve Prohm (you gotta call him but we probably missed the boat)
Mike Schrage

It's so premature to be having this discussion. Irresponsible, even. I'm very disappointed in you, peac. Very.

Convincing? :yawn:

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Can you guys imagine if CJP can't get a center in this next class? It should be recruiting on easy mode with guaranteed ACC playing time your freshman year, but I take nothing for granted at this point. It would be near-catastrophic if we're center-less going into 2020-2021.

GT_EE78

Banned
I'm concerned the closing (or lack their of), comes from CJP himself. After listening to him from the beginning I have been concerned that he is an oddball that doesn't connect well with 17-20 year old young men. He gives off a home-school, social awkwardness vibe that I am concerned pushes away kids once they talk to him in person or on visits. Something has to give with all of the misses near the end...
didn't he graduate college in 3 years? Maybe he's just Nerdy and that's why engineers haven't noticed yet.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Just for poops and laughs, I went the beginning of this thread. Started almost exactly 3 years ago in June of 2016. To say that GT recruiting looks FAR different than we thought then would be nice.

Poops and laughs have quickly turned in to diarrhea and depression.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Just for poops and laughs, I went the beginning of this thread. Started almost exactly 3 years ago in June of 2016. To say that GT recruiting looks FAR different than we thought then would be nice.

Poops and laughs have quickly turned in to diarrhea and depression.

bruh.....

i followed suit.....

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I do not plan to participate in this thread until we are in season 5 and it appears he is not going to accomplish his job. Otherwise I find this to be to premature and just an opportunity for people to complain.

This pretty much sums it up, but hopefully folks will just post here instead of near derailments of other threads that have nothing to do with this.

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
I do not plan to participate in this thread until we are in season 5 and it appears he is not going to accomplish his job. Otherwise I find this to be to premature and just an opportunity for people to complain.
For real! I went to every home game last year and consider it a privilege to be able to go. The only real negatives were the Louisville, N.C., and Georgia U fans(late in the game) being louder than Tech fans. We've heard that you want a new coach ever since Pastner arrived. We get it. WE GET IT! So vent your repeated displeasure on this post and leave it off the others....or better yet, take a vacation until the end of Pastner's current contract or if it's being extended. It's not like you were cheering at the games anyway....and hey, I promise not to call you a fair weather fan when you return.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
We all want Pastner to succeed, we want GT to succeed... but he's got to win big games to win big recruits, and he's got to have talent to win games.

I do think the roster we'll have next year (especially if Parham is eligible) is good enough to make the tourney... good enough to upset some good teams. We'll finally have a starting 5 that I believe is ACC worthy.
Can some GT supporter find a really nice mansion/penthouse in Buckhead or Midtown to rent for pennies to a top 5 recruit's family a la puke? Maybe also hook up them up with a fortune 500 CEO salary?

Obviously that's way more of an attractive offer for recruits like Wendell Carter than a night at the Cheetah.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Just saying that all the misery is just old and tiresome, and I can’t be the only one that feels that way.

Maybe it’s just the off-season and there’s not much to discuss, but it just seems that we can’t be excited about next season or the 2020 class because everyone keeps bitching about the same ole ****.

Everyone has blasted his recruiting, especially someone like Moses Wright, and he is poised to be a major contributor for us. If he plays anywhere near the level he did down the stretch, and I’d say that qualifies as ACC caliber. People don’t even really know what we have in Moore and Sjolund yet.

Despite what you might think, I don’t have a Past we jersey on, and I’m not jumping up and down or screaming from the rooftops about our coach, but also think that there’s a lot of people that can’t see the forest for the trees.

I’ll get off my soapbox now.
All the dissing on coach doesn't bother me, but I just plain don't understand it. I havent been this hopeful about the future of Tech basketball for a long, long time.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk