Coaching Carousel -- Just Pastner 2019

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
Just saying that all the misery is just old and tiresome, and I can’t be the only one that feels that way.

Maybe it’s just the off-season and there’s not much to discuss, but it just seems that we can’t be excited about next season or the 2020 class because everyone keeps bitching about the same ole ****.

Everyone has blasted his recruiting, especially someone like Moses Wright, and he is poised to be a major contributor for us. If he plays anywhere near the level he did down the stretch, and I’d say that qualifies as ACC caliber. People don’t even really know what we have in Moore and Sjolund yet.

Despite what you might think, I don’t have a Past we jersey on, and I’m not jumping up and down or screaming from the rooftops about our coach, but also think that there’s a lot of people that can’t see the forest for the trees.

I’ll get off my soapbox now.
I was one who bashed Pastner early but I have to say, the guy has definitely has shown growth, especially down the stretch of last season. I see a lot of folks bashing his recruiting but to me he is pretty much getting as much talent as any other coach would be able to get with a program in this condition. A lot of people whine about him not bringing in enough talent but folks won't give him credit. He and his staff are pretty good at developing guys. Assuming all transfers are immediately eligible we are looking at the best team that we have had in years. I think if we make the tournament this year and next year (which is very very likely) you have to give him a 3/4 yr extension.

IMO if Pastner is going to push us over the hump this year he has to do 2 things:

-Establish a rotation from day 1
-Has to become better at in game adjustments

This is definitely a make or break season, from strictly a talent stand point we are good enough to be a 7/8 seed but it will be up to pastner to get us there.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
My frustration lies in UGA already recruiting much better than we are. That’s what hurts a lot. Josh is going to get it done. I feel good about him making it happen this year.

Crean killed it & beat Pat in his first season.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I'm the chief CPast basher but, if I'm being honest, I have to say it's a shame he's having to work in the environment where other places are clearly paying players. No one can convince me uga is not paying through the nose on the 'trail.

He tried, he’s been woefully incompetent at it so far. Your bag man has to at least be sane.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
This will matter as soon as this coming season imho. I'm expecting a waste of the potential #1 pick's college career(sic).

Then folks are gonna be wondering if they're tryna win or just tryna win press conferences.

As much as we may be tired of re-treads, Crean is a good coach. Pat has to start winning these recruits.

ScGold

Banned
Tom Arn oh wait I meant Tom Creme is a below avg coach. IU couldn't get rid of him fast enough. He'll pull a Goff but in basketball. He'll get talent but do less than nothing with it. We should drill them a new ahole this year.

long7135

Georgia Tech Fan
We are using the wrong strategy when recruiting. Trying to sell an athlete on the value of education is like using a $100 bill for fish bait.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
That sucks. To state the obvious something ain’t working. Post himself isn’t the end of the world but we have a problem closing and that will be the death of this staff if we don’t get a legit talent infusion in 2020.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think I struck out this bad in little league or during my sophomore year of high school during Spring Break.

Damn Coach, even the eternal optimist has to ask wtf you’re doing when we keep losing these battles. For ****s sake. We lose a euro guy to the cow pastures of Mississippi? What’s wrong with that picture?

Hey! Moral compass. Get it together FFS.... no one else is equipped to keep me in check