Coaching Carousel 7 - When life gives you lemons, squirt someone in the eye

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
The kid never told his mother. K told the mother. The kid talked about it while at Duke. The story made it's way up to K and K told the mom, probably with the express intention of undermining GT. K never did forgive GT for firing his supposed friend Cremins. K never has missed an opportunity to stick a fork in GT. Good riddance.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The kid never told his mother. K told the mother. The kid talked about it while at Duke. The story made it's way up to K and K told the mom, probably with the express intention of undermining GT. K never did forgive GT for firing his supposed friend Cremins. K never has missed an opportunity to stick a fork in GT. Good riddance.
Exactly about K. He never liked GT after Cremins left. Of course GT did not fire Cremins he chose to retire because he felt he wasn't able to get GT to where he thought it belonged anymore.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'll laugh 'cause it's clearly a guy gettin out before the reaper. But this is an upgrade for them, imho. Not that it'll definitely pay dividends because I think the bloom is off that rose. But they may approach 'competent' atleast.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I'll laugh 'cause it's clearly a guy gettin out before the reaper. But this is an upgrade for them, imho. Not that it'll definitely pay dividends because I think the bloom is off that rose. But they may approach 'competent' atleast.

Yeah, bare minimum he should get Mark Fox results, which is probably about where they should be in hoops. Just not the home run a lot of folks feared.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Solid hire for UGA. I like White. I think Parrish has this one nailed, this is just like Smart last year.
First question is will Kowacie Reeves transfer from FL to UGA and will any of FL recruits from their top 20 recruiting class go to Athens.
UGA is a complete rebuild in terms of personnel.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Solid hire for UGA. I like White. I think Parrish has this one nailed, this is just like Smart last year.
First question is will Kowacie Reeves transfer from FL to UGA and will any of FL recruits from their top 20 recruiting class go to Athens.
UGA is a complete rebuild in terms of personnel.
Seems high floor/low ceiling. Will be interesting to see who the assistants are.

We recruited Aberdeen pretty hard, so would be interesting to see if he opens up.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Seems high floor/low ceiling. Will be interesting to see who the assistants are.

We recruited Aberdeen pretty hard, so would be interesting to see if he opens up.
I agree with this. He'll be better than Crean (of course it would be hard for anyone not to be), possibly better than Fox, but not a monster hire.
Their AD likely made alot of the UGA bb fans unhappy though that he didn't hire Hayes. He was getting alot of push from fans and former players.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There was also a report that Howland was out at Miss St but then the school released a statement that he is still the coach and looking forward to coaching the team in the NIT.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I agree with this. He'll be better than Crean (of course it would be hard for anyone not to be), possibly better than Fox, but not a monster hire.
Their AD likely made alot of the UGA bb fans unhappy though that he didn't hire Hayes. He was getting alot of push from fans and former players.
Pastner needs to go hard after Hayes. Clearly, uga is not going to bring him home.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Eh, not that the allegations he faced should be a death penalty to his career but ... not sure how I could sell that hire to my fanbase if I was them. I guess he's a high-major coach at a place where that's not always get-able?

Still, he's not only a retread but a tainted one at that. That's like sellin' warm lemonade with no sugar on a hot day.