Coaching Carousel 7 - When life gives you lemons, squirt someone in the eye

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

slugboy

Staff member

New Mexico State (the Aggies) are a WAC team. The budget difference going from a WAC team to an SEC team (even Miss State) should be tremendous. Academically, it seems about a wash-- NMST is tops in New Mexico but ranked behind MSST--and MSST has more students.
Jans will have to fight his way ahead of UK, Auburn, Alabama, and some other high-end basketball teams with bigger budgets. In a couple of years he'll have Texas and OK to content with.
This is interesting. I wonder how he'll do there.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I get that BJ McKie is an alum but going from targeting Sean Miller to possibly looking at McKie is an awfully big change.

On Miller, I expect he will have to serve some sort of suspension once the official NOA is provided to AZ, but it will be interesting to see how he does in round 2 at Xavier. I assume his hiring will make it more likely they keep their players and recruits on board. I can definitely think of some instances of this in college football but can anyone recall a college basketball coach that went back to a previous school and how they did in their 2nd stop compared to their first.