Coaching Carousel 6 - You can't make everyone happy. You are not bacon.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Wow!

Gotta think it's between Wes MIller and Hubert Davis. I'd think there wouldn't be, but gotta wonder if there was some pressure or nervousness that Miller would move some time soon and they needed to bring him home ASAP.

Damn, I actually didn't think he'd be the first of the ACC old guard to retire, but I feel like in the next 4 years K, Boeheim, Larranga, and Hamilton will follow. Very curious what that does to the quality and perception of the ACC. The brand names will still be there, but can they just reload the coaches like they do players? Would be pretty annoying for the ACC to get knocked down a few pegs and lose the benefit of the doubt just as GT is on the rise.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So the rumors about Roy were true.
I agree with you DTM about like most likely successors.

Of course, if I was UNC that is one of the premier jobs in the country - no worse than top5. I'd be willing to go outside family and see the best coach I could get because let's face it, neither Davis or Miller would be considered if it wasn't UNC.

I'd call Brad Stevens agent and at least see if there is interest.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I do wonder if UNC already has a plan in place. It's hard to believe that Roy would retire without giving UNC a heads up and without helping with a transition.

if they got Beard that would be funny just because everyone assumes he is going to be TX's new coach within the next couple of days (his buyout dropped today to $4M for an in-state school, $2M for an out of state school).

Reading Dan's column I hadn't even thought of Donovan, that would be a heck of a hire.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Or Notre Dame
ND would make a ton of sense.
Brey is 62 and has had a couple of mediocre years, if he had one next season I wonder if ND would be ready to make a change.
Some of their fanbase is ready for a change now but they have said Brey is returning.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
So the rumors about Roy were true.
I agree with you DTM about like most likely successors.

Of course, if I was UNC that is one of the premier jobs in the country - no worse than top5. I'd be willing to go outside family and see the best coach I could get because let's face it, neither Davis or Miller would be considered if it wasn't UNC.

I'd call Brad Stevens agent and at least see if there is interest.
You have to wonder if they learned anything the last time they made an offer to a coach primarily because he was in the family (Daugherty). This time there isn't a Roy hanging out there to come rescue them if it mucks up. They also have an AD who isn't from the family as well so should be interesting. I too would call Stevens to see if he could be enticed.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
ND would make a ton of sense.
Brey is 62 and has had a couple of mediocre years, if he had one next season I wonder if ND would be ready to make a change.
Some of their fanbase is ready for a change now but they have said Brey is returning.
I think next year is it for him no matter what.