Coaching Carousel 6 - You can't make everyone happy. You are not bacon.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe IU can buy the remains of John Wooden and prop them up in an assistant's chair. There is a lot of expertise to be tapped there and I don't think it is fair to discriminate based on a person no longer being alive.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Maybe IU can buy the remains of John Wooden and prop them up in an assistant's chair. There is a lot of expertise to be tapped there and I don't think it is fair to discriminate based on a person no longer being alive.

Good idea. I don't think Coach Wooden identifies as a dead person either. So there's that.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Larry Brown was given a show cause penalty for his last job, I wonder if that has actually expired or not.

slugboy

Staff member
Do show cause orders apply to on campus (possibly non coaching?) / non recruiting slots?
While I won’t underestimate the ability of a committed athletic department to find a loophole, I haven’t heard of anyone with a show cause being hired during the show cause. It would make the penalty nearly meaningless.
For example, there are lots of non-recruiting jobs LaBarrie could have been hired to, across the country. He had to find non-college jobs

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Loyola Chicago fans must be thrilled. it looks like all the jobs that Moser may have been most likely to be involved with have hired others.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Loyola Chicago fans must be thrilled. it looks like all the jobs that Moser may have been most likely to be involved with have hired others.
He and his wife have made quite a home for themselves in Chicago and his daughter is on the LUC women's basketball team. I think it will take a lot to move him, but money is the magnet at some level.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
He and his wife have made quite a home for themselves in Chicago and his daughter is on the LUC women's basketball team. I think it will take a lot to move him, but money is the magnet at some level.

If Northwestern ever comes knocking on Moser's door...seems like a perfect situation for both Moser and Northwestern.