Coaching Carousel 6 - You can't make everyone happy. You are not bacon.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
The Spirit Group Hawks weren’t tanking; they were trying to build a “long and lean” team based mostly off wingspan. They were a hot mess with a terrible front office.
They drafted Sheldon Williams with a lottery pick. Josh Childress played in Greece to get away from the team. They got massively better when Larry Drew took over coaching, and more so under Budenholzer.
Woodson did have to overcome one of the worst GMs in Hawks history, though
Just as an aside, please explain how Sheldon Williams fits with the long and lean model :p:unsure:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Just as an aside, please explain how Sheldon Williams fits with the long and lean model :p:unsure:

I'm getting trigger'd by all these (h)awkward trips down memory lane.

Hmm, maybe I can report us all for being off-topic. Anybody brings up Joe Johnson being paid more than Lebron and I'm taking us all down. o_O

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm getting trigger'd by all these (h)awkward trips down memory lane.

Hmm, maybe I can report us all for being off-topic. Anybody brings up Joe Johnson being paid more than Lebron and I'm taking us all down. o_O
LOL!!! He was called The Landlord!

I used to always get a kick out of Iso Joe playing Hero Ball. Didn't work out all that often, but I got a kick out of it.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FWIW, just saw this elsewhere and thought it was just an interesting note
Mike Woodson is the oldest coaching hire at a P5 basketball school since at least 1985 (that's how far back the guy researched).

Obviously the comparison here people want to make is to MI, but that is a pretty weak comparison. When Howard took over MI it was already in a vrey good place with Coach Beilein. IN is not in that same place with Miller. G'town might be a better comparison or Memphis at the end of Pastner's tenure there.