Coaching Carousel 6 - You can't make everyone happy. You are not bacon.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
A lot of programs across the country with head coaches who have done incredible jobs building their once-lackluster program into conference champions and NCAA Tournament mainstays must be sweating at the thought of one of the most desirable jobs in the country poaching their guy. Thank god that's not Josh Pastner right? Right?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Or Notre Dame

I think Moser would be a REALLY good get at a lot of places, especially places where you're not going to get a lot of 4/5 star recruits because his system is just that good.

That being said, I said Northwestern because of location. Given that Moser is pretty well entrenched in Chicago and has a daughter playing BBall there, stepping up to the P5 (and the requisite huge bump in salary) without having to move makes Northwestern ideal. Northwestern would also get a proven coach that could probably take them to at least the NIT his first season, and probably regular NCAATs at a school that has academic standards, thus having leveraging a winning system's like Moser's.

Notre Dame definitely isn't far from Chicago (that's where I stayed for the 2015 ND football game), but he's not driving back and forth from Chicago both ways everyday from there.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'll let you in on a lil' secret, mine was a tiny jab at a certain someone. But yes, I think we all agree Brown is a good coach and a cheat as dtm points out.

Good thing he's supposedly getting some run at Indiana. Otherwise UNC would have some difficult Larry Brown decisions to make...(<-- Sarcasm)

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think Moser would be a REALLY good get at a lot of places, especially places where you're not going to get a lot of 4/5 star recruits because his system is just that good.

That being said, I said Northwestern because of location. Given that Moser is pretty well entrenched in Chicago and has a daughter playing BBall there, stepping up to the P5 (and the requisite huge bump in salary) without having to move makes Northwestern ideal. Northwestern would also get a proven coach that could probably take them to at least the NIT his first season, and probably regular NCAATs at a school that has academic standards, thus having leveraging a winning system's like Moser's.

Notre Dame definitely isn't far from Chicago (that's where I stayed for the 2015 ND football game), but he's not driving back and forth from Chicago both ways everyday from there.
Agree. And his home in Wilmette is 14 miles north of downtown Chicago.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
They certainly will keep it in the tar heel family tree. I can't imagine anyone that isn't a former heel even being considered. Whoever takes it will be on an immediate hot seat following Roy if they don't win ACC championships and go deep into the NCAAT. The last two years have been humbling.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Here is Matt Norlander's List for UNC

FWIW, I like the idea of giving Mark Few a call. Maybe he never leaves Spokane, but I sort of feel like if you are Carolina that is one person you call and see. it would take a special job for him to even consider leaving, but UNC is not just any job. I suspect he would win at UNC just like at Gonzaga. He's 58 so you have to think you could get a good decade out of him.