Coaching Carousel 6 - You can't make everyone happy. You are not bacon.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'd hate to see Dollar leave and open a spot for an even stronger recruiter like one of the Hayes brothers, particularly Jonas, or Yasir Rosemond.

Ah, I'm with you now and I agree. Is Cream long for Athens though? Would an ace recruiter be open to jumping there for a year+ over a comparable opp at a stable spot?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Ah, I'm with you now and I agree. Is Cream long for Athens though? Would an ace recruiter be open to jumping there for a year+ over a comparable opp at a stable spot?
An interesting question and I've seen a couple of comments that Crean might bolt for the right gig.

Of course, if he does, I wonder if that brings Jonas Hayes back and they give him the head coaching gig, at which point, he'll probably build a recruiting monster in Athens.

Deleted member 2897

An interesting question and I've seen a couple of comments that Crean might bolt for the right gig.

Of course, if he does, I wonder if that brings Jonas Hayes back and they give him the head coaching gig, at which point, he'll probably build a recruiting monster in Athens.

I think having an uncomfortably awkward underperforming mouth kisser in Athens is the perfect gig.

iZGskwIsu7GWeg0YNxJxZHjh6W2r2xO3tTUghE44u5E.jpg

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Eh, that's some 4D worrying you're doing. I think it's rare that an ace recruiter can transition to an effective HC, no?

Indiana is open now

Wow. That guy was the golden child for a while. Never panned out there. Who are the hot names out there now? I'm completely out of touch.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer

No way does Indiana want Crean.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I'll go ahead and call it now. Some team will snag Archie Miller and he'll have a ton of success there. A lot of people would probably pan it, but I do not want to see Archie Miller at BC.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'll go ahead and call it now. Some team will snag Archie Miller and he'll have a ton of success there. A lot of people would probably pan it, but I do not want to see Archie Miller at BC.
The leader at BC might be Dennis Gates from Cleveland State. Former Leonard Hamilton assistant who has done well in his first two years. His wife is a senior associate AD at BC.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Based on what though? Just asking.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Based on what though? Just asking.

Part of it is just how much better he did at Dayton than the guy who came before him. Not sure what happened to that dude....

But seriously, I just think he's a good coach that got himself in over his head too early and believe he will learn form the issues he had there and have success elsewhere.