Coaching Carousel 6 - You can't make everyone happy. You are not bacon.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Part of it is just how much better he did at Dayton than the guy who came before him. Not sure what happened to that dude....

But seriously, I just think he's a good coach that got himself in over his head too early and believe he will learn form the issues he had there and have success elsewhere.

Ah, ok. Sorta like how Pastner learned from his MEM days, did better here. I can see that.

Coaching changes captured the sentiment ...

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Has BC shown any willingness at all to actually care about and build a decent basketball team over the past several years? This is just continuing their trend, what a boring hire.
The answer to your question is no, but Earl Grant is a good coach who I had on my short list to replace Pastner if we were heading in that direction.

Just a reminder to everyone now on board with CJP. Keep hoping that Arizona doesn't open up.

A Zona friend of mine says they have no money and I reminded him that we have less than that.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Funny juxtaposition a year has:

Last year, if Pastner's name was floating around, I think a large majority of GT fans would have paid some money to his new school for him to move on.

This year, with the success he's had in the regular season and the ACC Championship, along with the best recruiting class of his tenure coming in and a solid foundation of players on the roster...how many GT fans want to see him go now?

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
A Zona friend of mine says they have no money and I reminded him that we have less than that.
You should have instead said one in six Georgia tech grads is a millionaire. Now they are in to us because of you and your fault if he gets hired away! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
The leader at BC might be Dennis Gates from Cleveland State. Former Leonard Hamilton assistant who has done well in his first two years. His wife is a senior associate AD at BC.

I would think that relationship would make it hard to hire him there.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Funny juxtaposition a year has:

Last year, if Pastner's name was floating around, I think a large majority of GT fans would have paid some money to his new school for him to move on.

This year, with the success he's had in the regular season and the ACC Championship, along with the best recruiting class of his tenure coming in and a solid foundation of players on the roster...how many GT fans want to see him go now?

supt.gif

Why you livin' in the past, techst?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Not following you here. I wanna be nervous too.

On another note, I get why Charlton wouldn't want that Jacksonville gig but good lord man. Are you gonna wait for Hamilton to literally keel over? Get out and strike your own path for goodness sake. You're not getting an ACC gig from Hamilton's bench.
He already went that route once. Maybe he doesn't want the head gig.