Coaching Carousel 6 - You can't make everyone happy. You are not bacon.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just want to say, the level of commitment to hatred here is plain fantastic. You're my role model in that regard, just so you know.

I said it a few weeks back. I'd be somewhat surprised if he stays there.

Surprised in the interest in Brownell and Cream. That smacks of lazy, uninspired ADing.

While three ADs were culpable, I think LazyAD had, by far, the greatest negative impact on the past decade of GT hoops.

**** LazyAD and **** dook!

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Quick question about Hewitt's contract. I always thought he got the roll over clause in his contract after 2004, and I think he did sign a new contract with that in it at the time.

However, I came across this article from 2001 that mentions a roll over pact with Hewitt after his first year? Anyone know more about that part of it and if it was similar to the one that became such an albatross?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Some decent scoop on high major gigs from HoopDirt, including Dennis Gates being the leader for the BC job.

Last edited:

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
cool concept to rate how much schools care. but depaul? 5 fires? i get the whole city of chicago thing, but depaul on same level as IU?

I think it is how much they care in general in relation to the performance. As in Depaul probably doesn't care as much about basketball as IU does, but that Lietao's performance as Depaul is generating similar pressure to Miller's at IU.

gt24

Jolly Good Fellow
Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 12.56.27 PM.png

Pointer

Helluva Engineer

Some juicy scoop on Clayton State, but I'd be nervous of what it would open the door for a return.

The thing about clayton state is they care about their sports teams. I had a buddy who played college soccer there and all of their sports teams were pretty good while the was their. I think their men's or women's basketball team even won a national title while my buddy was playing soccer there. Their soccer teams also did really well too, beat a couple acc teams during his time. Not a bad landing spot for him if it happens.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Some juicy scoop on Clayton State, but I'd be nervous of what it would open the door for a return.

Not following you here. I wanna be nervous too.

On another note, I get why Charlton wouldn't want that Jacksonville gig but good lord man. Are you gonna wait for Hamilton to literally keel over? Get out and strike your own path for goodness sake. You're not getting an ACC gig from Hamilton's bench.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

On another note, I get why Charlton wouldn't want that Jacksonville gig but good lord man. Are you gonna wait for Hamilton to literally keel over? Get out and strike your own path for goodness sake. You're not getting an ACC gig from Hamilton's bench.

Charlton Young needs to go coach in the Pros. He's too good for the college game. :)

As they say, if I can't have someone, the next best thing is my enemy doesn't get him either. Just eliminate Young from being a recruiting pest altogether by having him go to the pros.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I'd hate to see Dollar leave and open a spot for an even stronger recruiter like one of the Hayes brothers, particularly Jonas, or Yasir Rosemond.