Coaching Carousel 5 - You have to look through the rain to see the rainbow

StingU2

Jolly Good Fellow
When you can't coach and you can't recruit, maybe this job is not for you.

This!!!!
I've become numb to GT Basketball, Its not that hard to field a competitive team considering the league and city we play in.
March will be 9 yrs since we fired Hewitt and the program is in worst shape.

Last edited:

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Oh no we can’t criticize coaches on here , it’s because of finals or not having Alvarado or we’re jut so good at academics it shouldn’t matter lol, anything but coaches fault

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Need to create fouls when we score to stop the clock and hit free throws. There just isn't enough time to come back with the clock running.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
Atrocious...Khalid Moore just throws the ball away every time he touches it...one handed bounce passes to no one...Moses Wright in an absolute fog...Partner silent,confused watching bad basketball happen on his watch.IT IS TIME!!!!
Little premature with that handle @Tourneybound20 .;)
And how about those volleybees!

Edit- On second thought, maybe you mean the GTWBB team is tourney bound!

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We let them get in the paint too easily and when we double the dribbler they kick it out for threes. Too bad we can't have some shooters like that.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
Poor Devoe just can't do it all himself. And people(including myself) thought this team had an outside chance at the tourney? This team is the same as all of CJP's other teams. Maybe a good win in OOC with several embarrassing losses. Start off conference play getting smashed, then surprise a team or two and win around 6 games in conference. Not to mention absolutely dreadful offense and shooting with tolerable defense. Rinse and repeat.
All by himself? What did he even do lol? Whole team played terrible

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
The last two games have simply been unwatchable. It is sad how low the program has sunk.
What confuses me is that first year we had some shocking wins.....UNC and FSU both were beat downs at home by us.....now we can’t compete with a mid level MAC team at home.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
Devoe is a combined 8/37 the last three games. Get the ball out of his hands MY GOD! Alvarado where the hell are you!!!!!!

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
The last two games have simply been unwatchable. It is sad how low the program has sunk.
What confuses me is that first year we had some shocking wins.....UNC and FSU both were beat downs at home by us.....now we can’t compete with a mid level MAC team at home.

Also had an NBA caliber player on that roster. The same can’t be said for this bunch.