Coaching Carousel 5 - You have to look through the rain to see the rainbow

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think Tech will ever have reasonable success with Pastner at the helm, but he’ll be the HC for next season regardless, and maybe the 2021-‘22 season as well just because of the financial situation within the GTAA. Hopefully the football situation will work out and provide some stability in order to overhaul the basketball program. Pastner hasn’t recruited well at all, been at the center of investigations, his offenses have been atrocious, tons of awful losses, hasn’t beat UGA, gives fans NO reason to be excited. I think just about everyone can agree he shouldn’t be the guy, but he is and he will be by default.

Hopefully someone ends up writing a big check, as he’s going to have a 20 loss team this year and the players look like they’ve quit on him.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I've seen a lot of overlap with the Pastner apologists/CPJ apologists. Guess it is what it is.
Here before the sanctions and Paul Hewitt/Brian Gregory crowd show up. Let it be known where I stand with this program.
I cant believe I paid 300 bucks to see these guys last week at Rupp. I could've bought my entire family Christmas with that 300 dollars

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully someone ends up writing a big check, as he’s going to have a 20 loss team this year and the players look like they’ve quit on him.
I agree. This is embarrassing to watch. It’s progressively gotten worse as the year has went on too. It looks like everyone has lost respect for him and the team. The more I watch this game though, I might come to the conclusion he needs to be fired after this game. This is brutal

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
I agree. This is embarrassing to watch. It’s progressively gotten worse as the year has went on too. It looks like everyone has lost respect for him and the team. The more I watch this game though, I might come to the conclusion he needs to be fired after this game. This is brutal

They really should just drop the appeal. This team is going to get slaughtered in the ACC.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Here before the sanctions and Paul Hewitt/Brian Gregory crowd show up. Let it be known where I stand with this program.
I cant believe I paid 300 bucks to see these guys last week at Rupp. I could've bought my entire family Christmas with that 300 dollars

Bruh where were you sitting @ Rupp? Calapari's suite? lol

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I have never criticized our basketball coach until now but it is obvious he needs to go. Just pathetic display of offensive basketball. As many turnovers as points in the first half is as bad as it gets. He is clueless and to some extent I have to question his assistants.

Tourneybound20

Georgia Tech Fan
Hate to say it but I agree...probably the worst disregard for the basketball I've ever seen in all my years...one handed flippant routine passes gone bad...blown lay ups...predictable vanilla non-imaginative offense...haven't identified shooters on the opposition...zero adjustments but the main thing is the way they don't take care of the ball.Disgusting to watch.I expect a comeback but they'll need to get the tempo going because that putrid excuse of a half court set isn't getting you much.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
Not sure why we play so poorly at home. It looks like we just threw a team together that never has practiced together. If Mad Magazine (RIP) did a spoof on laughably bad offensive basketball, they could show the lowlights of the first half and not have to do further research. Praying we can get it going in the second half.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
Lmao you went up there thinking what exactly?

Jacketman

Jolly Good Fellow
Poor Devoe just can't do it all himself. And people(including myself) thought this team had an outside chance at the tourney? This team is the same as all of CJP's other teams. Maybe a good win in OOC with several embarrassing losses. Start off conference play getting smashed, then surprise a team or two and win around 6 games in conference. Not to mention absolutely dreadful offense and shooting with tolerable defense. Rinse and repeat.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Poor Devoe just can't do it all himself. And people(including myself) thought this team had an outside chance at the tourney? This team is the same as all of CJP's other teams. Maybe a good win in OOC with several embarrassing losses. Start off conference play getting smashed, then surprise a team or two and win around 6 games in conference. Not to mention absolutely dreadful offense and shooting with tolerable defense. Rinse and repeat.

The other teams played hard for him. Can’t say the same about this bunch.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I guess it will take empty seats and total apathy to change coaches. Students will quit going as they will pick studying over watching a loss. The alums will quit buying tickets and stop donating until it's over. He is being schooled by their coach.