Coaching Carousel 4 - Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays off now

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That would be a great promotion for Moton. Do well at GA ST and he would likely get a high major gig pretty fast.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Motor is a good guy and has done well at NCCU . Pretty sure he is an alum so will take a really good opportunity for him to leave but he should have a lot of programs interested.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
That would be a great promotion for Moton. Do well at GA ST and he would likely get a high major gig pretty fast.

Agreed. Which is why I thought it was odd that I saw some folks saying this wasn't a big enough job for him to jump to.

I patiently await CB's thoughts.

Moton. I hate this spelling crap on my phone.

Haha, it would've been better if it'd autocorrected to 'moron'.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
interesting on Sampson, everyone was assuming he was headed to ARK.
Makes me want to see something official on Buzz to A&M before getting too carried away with what might happen at VT.

The Stackhouse rumor of the Vandy job is sort of an out of the box idea for college basketball - but probably not for the new Vandy AD since he was the head of the G-League.
Now unlike Penny at Memphis I don't believe Stackhouse has much interaction with his AAU team other than providing funds for it. He was busy in the NBA. Penny was intimately involved in his AAU program, coaching it, coaching some of the same kids in HS. Mike Miller was the same with his AAU squad.

But the Vandy AD is going to be under alot of pressure to have his BB coach succeed given he fired Drew the first time he had a meeting with him.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
interesting on Sampson, everyone was assuming he was headed to ARK.
Makes me want to see something official on Buzz to A&M before getting too carried away with what might happen at VT.

The Stackhouse rumor of the Vandy job is sort of an out of the box idea for college basketball - but probably not for the new Vandy AD since he was the head of the G-League.
Now unlike Penny at Memphis I don't believe Stackhouse has much interaction with his AAU team other than providing funds for it. He was busy in the NBA. Penny was intimately involved in his AAU program, coaching it, coaching some of the same kids in HS. Mike Miller was the same with his AAU squad.

But the Vandy AD is going to be under alot of pressure to have his BB coach succeed given he fired Drew the first time he had a meeting with him.

Smells like we'll know something in a couple days on Buzz ...

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I can't see GT doing this because UGAG allowed Mark Richt to go around preaching in different churches in North Georgia while he was coaching the Dwags. As a Christian i have to problem with Coach Pastner preaching.

No, this was just a joke by one of the contributors. I think they were saying, with all that's gone on with the Bell saga, NCAA violations, Pastner can no longer be seen as squeaky-clean. This was basically a shot at Pastner.

Speaking of shots, @Peacone36 just added Goodman to his (s)hit-list ....

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
No, this was just a joke by one of the contributors. I think they were saying, with all that's gone on with the Bell saga, NCAA violations, Pastner can no longer be seen as squeaky-clean. This was basically a shot at Pastner.

Speaking of shots, @Peacone36 just added Goodman to his (s)hit-list ....

Did you finally get a Twitter account? You've been posting a lot of tweets.