Coaching Carousel 4 - Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays off now

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Buzz thing is kinda tacky. You lose a game like that and the kids are an emotional mess and you’re like “Hey! Great effort! BTW I’m outta here!” Kinda ****ty to me. Wait 48 hrs to make this public

Is it public yet?

Also...

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This will make things very challenging for Chris Mullin at St. John's regardless of him being an all-time great there.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Following up on conversations related to investment in hoops...

Nebraska is paying $3MM for their hoops head coach.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Like i said, if you really want to have a chance in MBB now then you probably need to be spending in the neighborhood of $4MM/yr to have a chance. That would include the HC and all other personnel. Does not include whatever the recruiting budget is.

Realistically right now GT is in the bottom 2 of the conference in terms of MBB spending with BC.

On St. John's. Ponds declared for the NBA and hired an agent this week. Like Hoiberg, Mullin reportedly does not like recruiting so abdelmassih has been doing most of the recruiting heavy lifting for St. Johns.

This is year 5 for Buzz so about time for him to move on. That is generally when he makes his move.
He also was looking at some rebuilding next season as he has a SR heavy class with Walker expected to leave as well.

I'm sure Texas would love for Shaka to go somewhere, but it has been mentioned in multiple articles i've seen that his wife has alot of pull in terms of what is acceptable. I did find it also interesting to read an article by one TX blogger this year. He mentioned that Shaka is a great guy, but the blogger feels he just isn't a high major coach, needs to be at a mid-major to succeed.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Like i said, if you really want to have a chance in MBB now then you probably need to be spending in the neighborhood of $4MM/yr to have a chance. That would include the HC and all other personnel. Does not include whatever the recruiting budget is.

Realistically right now GT is in the bottom 2 of the conference in terms of MBB spending with BC.

On St. John's. Ponds declared for the NBA and hired an agent this week. Like Hoiberg, Mullin reportedly does not like recruiting so abdelmassih has been doing most of the recruiting heavy lifting for St. Johns.

This is year 5 for Buzz so about time for him to move on. That is generally when he makes his move.
He also was looking at some rebuilding next season as he has a SR heavy class with Walker expected to leave as well.

I'm sure Texas would love for Shaka to go somewhere, but it has been mentioned in multiple articles i've seen that his wife has alot of pull in terms of what is acceptable. I did find it also interesting to read an article by one TX blogger this year. He mentioned that Shaka is a great guy, but the blogger feels he just isn't a high major coach, needs to be at a mid-major to succeed.
Maybe it’s the cold meds I’m taking but for some reason if our job opens in the near future, I’d be interested in Shaka. Maybe it’s the VCU runs that having me hanging on. I can honestly say I haven’t seen much of Texas b-ball lately.