Coaching Carousel 2 - A New Dawn

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
2 Questions:
Why is Enfield always on everyone's list? He's taken USC to 2 straight NCAA appearances and pretty much every list he's on is a lateral move if not worse. Is he on the hotseat at SC? Do they really expect more out of their program?

Does anyone think Scott Drew will jump ship on Baylor before they get smacked by the NCAA?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
2 Questions:
Why is Enfield always on everyone's list? He's taken USC to 2 straight NCAA appearances and pretty much every list he's on is a lateral move if not worse. Is he on the hotseat at SC? Do they really expect more out of their program?

Does anyone think Scott Drew will jump ship on Baylor before they get smacked by the NCAA?

Funny thing is, everyone thinks/says Scott Drew is dirty but nooone has ever even snifffed anything even remotely illegal from what I've seen. Frank Haith should take notes.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Why smart? Stick to Midwest?

Also, I'm really happy to see BG land somewhere decent. I'm sure he'll do ok there.

Smart to turn down a job at a total dumpster fire?

The reason BG is getting that gig is because South Florida is in a heap of **** over academics. He'll get that turned around. Actual basketball results are an entirely different story.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It will be interesting to see his contract. I wonder if his salary is back loaded as he may still be receiving payments from us.
He's getting 50% of GT salary next season and then we're done with him.

2 more years of Hewitt.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer

The reason BG is getting that gig is because South Florida is in a heap of **** over academics. He'll get that turned around. Actual basketball results are an entirely different story.

That's a perfect job for CBG. There are no expectations to miss there.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Allright, allright .. I get it.

I kinda think Dambrot is a lil' overrated honestly. I guess we'll see.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That's a perfect job for CBG. There are no expectations to miss there.
Also, that conference is pretty wide open. You've got SMU, Cincinnati, and despite down years, UConn & Memphis. UCF took a big step forward this year and have a chance to sustain it. That opportunity is there for others.

Admittedly, I think BG gets their academics in order, then ends up moving on after 3-5 years of middling results. By then, he's mid-50s and downshifts further.

He'd need to have gigantic results to get back in the race for Michigan State.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Allright, allright .. I get it.

I kinda think Dambrot is a lil' overrated honestly. I guess we'll see.
Maybe he is, but he's got the results to parlay in to a solid job instead of this USF **** show.

Honestly, BG shouldn't be getting a gig at the AAC level, but if there's one thing BG's proven capable of, it's getting kids to meet & potentially exceed academic requirements.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I think the "we won 20 in my last year" narrative will figure prominently at the opening press conference. As will his prowess at turning around academic situations.