Coaching Carousel 2 - A New Dawn

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Dayton is a great job and GT is a good job?
Dayton is absolutely a great job. Rabid fan base, great budget for their level, Miller gets paid a ton. When we played them in San Juan, I think they had one of the strongest fan turnouts at the tournament.

We have the potential to be a great job, but they're right.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Dayton is absolutely a great job. Rabid fan base, great budget for their level, Miller gets paid a ton. When we played them in San Juan, I think they had one of the strongest fan turnouts at the tournament.

I think "great" is a little strong. IMHO "great" implies their ceiling is higher than ours.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

How much does he make?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
CBG plan to clean up the academics at USF: Clear the roster of the bad apples, grad transfer/hired assassin the heck out of the available slots, recruit where he can in fertile Central Florida (despite the "South" in USF, it's actually in Tampa/St Pete). Academics are good by year 2.

Then again, recruiting to USF is completely different from recruiting to GT.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

The cherry picking spin of his time at Georgia Tech is pretty amazing. Shout out to Glen Rice Jr., who BG dismissed.
http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=211520699

Man you're savage lately, dtm. Let them have their couple minutes of positives on the day of their hire at least.

Agree including GRJr as an NBA success story of sorts is a bit of a reach. Isn't he in the pokey right now?

ETA: If he comes in the door similar to how he arrived here, expect GRJr to be made a GA, assuming he's not otherwise occupied. You know, with making license plates and such.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Man you're savage lately, dtm. Let them have their couple minutes of positives on the day of their hire at least.

Agree including GRJr as an NBA success story of sorts is a bit of a reach. Isn't he in the pokey right now?

ETA: If he comes in the door similar to how he arrived here, expect GRJr to be made a GA, assuming he's not otherwise occupied. You know, with making license plates and such.

What I left out that's in the release is that it also mentioned Iman Shumpert in the same sentence. They publicized Shumpert (decided to not play for BG after Hewitt was fired) and GRJr (dismissed after multiple suspensions) as GT players, both Hewitt recruits, put in to the NBA under BG.

I wish BG well, but that deserves getting clowned on.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
What I left out that's in the release is that it also mentioned Iman Shumpert in the same sentence. They publicized Shumpert (decided to not play for BG after Hewitt was fired) and GRJr (dismissed after multiple suspensions) as GT players, both Hewitt recruits, put in to the NBA under BG.

I wish BG well, but that deserves getting clowned on.

Yeah, I read it and I don't necessarily disagree with you. Just saying it's not worth the time of someone as illustrious as yourself.