Coaches on the Hot Seat

DSGB

Jolly Good Fellow
Also, how do the rumors of Under Armour replacing Russell play into this decision? Wouldn't they want a super strong basketball HC in Atlanta? Anything happening on that front?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Wow, not only is he reporting Haase to Stan, he's also listing potential names for UAB. I wonder if that's some alter for one of the major name guys?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
He posted this a few days ago.

Wait, I'm rusty on my twitter-ease. Is he saying Gregs was/is chasing the St. Louis job?

ETA: I also read that Pitino-to-UNLV rumor on their board. Said UNLV was offering $3MM plus a piece of some deal to bring an NHL franchise to Vegas. Sounded too outrageous to re-post.

DSGB

Jolly Good Fellow
Good recruiter. Slows it waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy down, grind it out.
Thanks for the review. That's what I think of with Cincy.

That being said, he is off my list. I don't want to watch that type of basketball. I want a spread it out, free flowing offense. That's the way basketball is trending and I want that style. More pleasing to watch.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Thanks for the review. That's what I think of with Cincy.

That being said, he is off my list. I don't want to watch that type of basketball. I want a spread it out, free flowing offense. That's the way basketball is trending and I want that style. More pleasing to watch.

Agree on the style of play thing. That grind-it-out style seems like 'playing not to lose' to me. That said, I'd still take Cronin (probably mainly out of desperation).

DSGB

Jolly Good Fellow
Agree on the style of play thing. That grind-it-out style seems like 'playing not to lose' to me. That said, I'd still take Cronin (probably mainly out of desperation).
I'd keep Gregory over him. Style of play should be the #1 thing we look for. We need to play in the manner that the talent around us wants to play. These kids don't want to play like that. Thrillerdome... Let's get back to running and shooting (and the shots going in).

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
ETA: I also read that Pitino-to-UNLV rumor on their board. Said UNLV was offering $3MM plus a piece of some deal to bring an NHL franchise to Vegas. Sounded too outrageous to re-post.
Pitino...Vegas...strippers...I see an irony here. Some might call it a perfect marriage.