Coaches on the Hot Seat

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Got to admit I love the tagline for this one. AL, you can throw all the money you want - but in BB, there some schools that you simply can't compete with.
I don't believe for a second that the TX job will go farther than Marshall or Smart. They ought to be able to work out details with at least one of them. If i'm the AD I would prefer Marshall and i suspect that is who they will get.

If i'm Marshall that is one of the few jobs I would leave for. You basically have almost unlimited resources in one of the biggest basketball producing states in the country

My fav line in that entire article is that Marshall has a 400K buyout that drops to $300K on April 15. Like UT would care about 100K, heck they wouldn't care about 400K - they poop that kind of money.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I thought the $1.7 million buyout was hard to believe - of course much less than CBG

UT will make Rick Barnes buyout in the concessions they sell at their Spring Football Game.

The difference between GT and UT right now is they are smart enough to understand that Rick Barnes is lucky to have the job of HC at UT, and GT for some reason thinks we need to extend a coach and increase his buyout when there was probably ZERO demand for his services elsewhere.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
As if $100K will be the difference maker!
UT will make that up by raising coke prices a nickel during next years basketball games.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Sometimes it takes more to land talent than simply coaching in a state that produces a bunch of top 100 basketball talents.

Which cBG likes to prove annually.

eetech

Jolly Good Fellow
The winningest coach in Texas history has a lower buyout than our current coach thanks to an extension negotiated at a time where our coach had no leverage at all. I just cannot make sense of that.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
The winningest coach in Texas history has a lower buyout than our current coach thanks to an extension negotiated at a time where our coach had no leverage at all. I just cannot make sense of that.

The person behind the keyboard at "The Hive" decided to engage me on twitter the other day and basically defended the whole scenario. Not sure if he is just a typical delusional fan from that North Korean owned fanboard or if he knows something the rest of the world doesnt.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You thought MBob's spin doctoring of having no money was bad, well DePaul's AD trumped him.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
i think DePaul was using Parker, but its hard to keep straight what AD's are using what search firms (Parker and Fogler are the 2 biggest in college basketball).
After not using a search firm last time TN is using Parker this time.