Coach Johnson expressed interest in Tennessee's vacancy in November

Deleted member 2897

If he quit and went some where else would be like Christmas. We would owe him nothing and we could finally be rid of this cave man offense.

I always love bull**** comments like this. We get more yards and more points per possession than the vast majority of college football teams. We put nearly 100% of WRs into the NFL who start 2 or more years for us (and here comes Ricky Jeune to keep that streak alive).

So what offense would you like to see? Keep in mind the academic restrictions aren't changing we have in our entire history recruited exactly one 5 star in calvin johnson and he was only made a 5 star after the fact.
you can always tell who the newbie Tech fans are with comments about the offense. What kills me is when the reply is let's go back to the offense of Fridge. Well just go watch those games from 1998-2000, what was the base play.......the triple option. What formations did we use, the I, the wishbone, and the flex bone. Hmmm sounds a lot like what we do today.

Deleted member 2897

So a coach that is 9-15 in the acc the last 3 years and we should feel like we owe him anything? Lmao

Do you watch the games?

If so, you'd probably realize if not for a couple injured/inconsistent kickers, we would have gone 8-3 last year.
If so, you'd probably realize that we lost our first 6 or 7 running backs in 2015 (among many other injuries). There were games where we were playing 15 freshmen.
If so, I'm guessing you're not upset about 11 wins and an Orange Bowl victory in 2014 or 9 wins and a Gator Bowl victory in 2016.
If so, I'm guessing you're not upset about the fact that in the last 50 years we've had 10 seasons of 9 or more wins, and Coach Paul Johnson is responsible for 4 of those. For those keeping score at home, during that period and prior to CPJ we were winning 9+ games at a rate of once every 8 years. Under CPJ we're winning 9+ games at a rate of once every 2.5 years.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
you can always tell who the newbie Tech fans are with comments about the offense. What kills me is when the reply is let's go back to the offense of Fridge. Well just go watch those games from 1998-2000, what was the base play.......the triple option. What formations did we use, the I, the wishbone, and the flex bone. Hmmm sounds a lot like what we do today.

I know one of the most iconic plays of that era is from 2001 against uga. The goose is loose. Was a triple option out of the I nebraska style

Deleted member 2897

You mean starting WR. Less than half total.

Well, I meant what I said. If you're a WR who started 2 or more years for us, you're on a list of about 8 or 9 guys in the last 10-12 years. And we've put about 7 WRs into the league. I don't remember the exact numbers anymore, but it was something like Calvin Johnson, Kevin Cone, Stephen Hill, Demaryius Thomas, Darren Waller, Deandre Smelter, and up next is Ricky Jeune, who will probably make it too. There's only like 1 or 2 guys who started more than 1 year who didn't make it.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Well, I meant what I said. If you're a WR who started 2 or more years for us, you're on a list of about 8 or 9 guys in the last 10-12 years. And we've put about 7 WRs into the league. I don't remember the exact numbers anymore, but it was something like Calvin Johnson, Kevin Cone, Stephen Hill, Demaryius Thomas, Darren Waller, Deandre Smelter, and up next is Ricky Jeune, who will probably make it too. There's only like 1 or 2 guys who started multiple years who didn't make it.

Now that joy specified maybe, what you posted earlier was erroneous.