Coach Johnson expressed interest in Tennessee's vacancy in November

GTL

Jolly Good Fellow
The drawback to his system is that is simply seen as old and archaic by most High schoolers. They don't want to play for this, High schoolers don't care if you win 8 games a year. The elite players want the accolades, they want the hype, and they want to play for the national championship.
This has been stated over and over and overandoverandover ad nauseam it's almost become axiomatic, but I have yet to see any evidence, anecdotal or otherwise it's really true.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
This has been stated over and over and overandoverandover ad nauseam it's almost become axiomatic, but I have yet to see any evidence, anecdotal or otherwise it's really true.
Our recruiting rankings

GTL

Jolly Good Fellow
Our recruiting rankings

Our recruiting rankings have been pretty much the same for the past 20 years. What really affects our recruiting is limited curriculum, difficult entrance requirements, few admission exceptions allowed, understaffed and under budgeted recruiting department. Also small fan base and booster support make a huge difference.

Our recruiting rankings have been pretty much the same for the past 20 years. What really affects our recruiting is limited curriculum, difficult entrance requirements, few admission exceptions allowed, understaffed and under budgeted recruiting department. Also small fan base and booster support make a huge difference.
I would go back a lot further than 20 years.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
You're right, people in Alabama sit around and wait on Alabama football to fulfill their lives. It's not like there are millionaires, happy families, husbands and wives, kids little league games, restaurants, weddings, or anything else in Alabama that millions of people enjoy. Its much different than the state of Georgia.

People who still ***** this same song are just miserable themselves. Don't get mad because Bama wins titles. If you wanna talk about academics go ahead, and you did, but stop trying to sneak in the passive aggressive shots at people who literally live a half hour away from where you live while trying to make them sound like aliens. Deliverance was filmed in GA in case you need some reference. Lol.

I'm from Alabama btw ;)

You hillbilly :p

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
PREDICTABLE. I'm talking about CPJ!!!!!!!!! Not the PAST!!! This is why we are stuck as a program. This mindset right here

If you don't change the thing that keeps us down ( academic standards, the hill seeing athletics and an afterthough) a new coach won't help. All you have to do is look at clemson to understand you get what you pay for and what your support.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Our recruiting rankings
I'll tell you something else stated over and over again: as long as GT is an engineering school with those pesky technical and engineering and physics and calculus courses ... you ain't gonna haul in Top Five classes. Or Top 25 classes. You could put in a Flying Circus as the offense. Run the zone read to your heart's content. Reinvent the full-monty run and shoot. It don't make no never mind. Dabo Swinney or Nick Saban would last about 25 minutes into the first recruit visit before chucking it. Why? Because an amazing number of football players are turned off by engineering, technical careers, physics and calculus. They're not dumb, they don't hate Tech, aren't turned off by Johnson ... they just have no interest in that stuff, and that stuff is all you have. I get it. People who like it won't believe it. I didn't believe the election either, but I'm living with it.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
If you don't change the thing that keeps us down ( academic standards, the hill seeing athletics and an afterthough) a new coach won't help. All you have to do is look at clemson to understand you get what you pay for and what your support.
Might want to check out Clemson's academic standings.

PREDICTABLE. I'm talking about CPJ!!!!!!!!! Not the PAST!!! This is why we are stuck as a program. This mindset right here
So in light of the past, which, contrary to what you may think, IS very relevant, WTH do you think the present or the future is or will be any different. It is the nature of academics and athletics at Tech, and nothing you say is going to change that, nor IMO should it.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Clemson still has plenty of liberal arts degrees to hide athletes in. The even made a few around 08. Before that they often lost out on science and engi eering minded players to us
Don't mean to be snarky, really, but whose point did you just make?