Coach Brian Gregory will not be retained as @GTMBB Coach

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
He unequivocally improved our program. Our APR went way up, and we have had few discipline/behavior problems with him in charge. I think he did a good job. That being said I did want him to be fired IF and ONLY IF we have real money to make a top tier hire. CBG was the inexpensive hire (which was the right decision at that time), and we got what we paid for. Now that only a fraction of the Hewitt buyout remains, I think/hope we have more cash to buy a top shelf coach.

Thanks to CBG for everything he did here. He helped us through financial hardship while improving his resume and gaining valuable experience. Both parties came out winners I think.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
From a source

"Here is the deal........ we will make a move after this season if and only if MBOB can land his top choice. Discussions going on behind the scenes. It is a Big Name. If we can't get the deal done then Gregory stays with an extension with lower buy-out."

So, I'm guessing a deal's been done? We'll see how big the name is.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Now that it's done, I must say I wish that man well. Big-time class act who deserves another opportunity. Gave his all with dignity so I will not celebrate his firing.

Fortunately for him, there are plenty of gigs open right now that he could step in and do well. UAB, Cornell, Army, Wright St to name a few.

No idea what his contract situation is at Wichita St, but should we contact Gregg Marshall? Especially with baker and van fleet done this year.

IIUC, Marshall has a plethora of perks such as use of a private plane for both company and personal bidness. We won't get him unless he just wants to try his hand in the ACC. Also, I've said all along that if he was gonna leave it would coincide with these seniors leaving.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
MBob will get this right. As I posted in another thread the other day, my sources said if the move is made it's because he is getting one of his top guys. Negotiations have been going on behind the scenes for a week. Give MBob some credit, he gets a bad wrap but has done some positive things. Example the payout we get for playing BC in Ireland

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Also lol at @dtm1997 . Dude scoops everybody on every other job opening. Misses this one. :ROFLMAO:

Just messin' witcha, dtm. Guess you're stuck in traffic.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Goodman is one of the best, but I think he's off here.

K assistants don't take ACC jobs and no way (a) we fired CBG to hire Price and (b) Price would leave CHA after 1 season.

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
He unequivocally improved our program. Our APR went way up, and we have had few discipline/behavior problems with him in charge. I think he did a good job. That being said I did want him to be fired IF and ONLY IF we have real money to make a top tier hire. CBG was the inexpensive hire (which was the right decision at that time), and we got what we paid for. Now that only a fraction of the Hewitt buyout remains, I think/hope we have more cash to buy a top shelf coach.

Thanks to CBG for everything he did here. He helped us through financial hardship while improving his resume and gaining valuable experience. Both parties came out winners I think.

No, he ran the team in the ground. Look at his conference record and try to tell me otherwise.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Goodman is one of the best, but I think he's off here.

K assistants don't take ACC jobs and no way (a) we fired CBG to hire Price and (b) Price would leave CHA after 1 season.

No on both. I probably come off as a Price hater but from a pure business standpoint, as of right now, he doesn't come close to qualifying for this job.