Coach Brent Key Scenario

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
If I were the one making these decisions, here would be my thought process:

If Key gets Tech to a bowl game, he gets an interview.
If Key wins 6 games, he gets considered among the finalists.
If Key wins 7 games, he gets the job.
If Key wins 8 games, he gets a big contract.

Anything less than a bowl game and it’s probably best to move on.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
This performance at least guarantees an interview. I’m just glad I’m not in the room making these decisions, but I hope it’s the right one. The wrong hire sets this program back a decade.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
most impressive in the last 6 years*

2017 VT was ranked 17th. Thats gotta be atleast even. but we did do that at home. Still given the record we had going into that game and the struggles we had in 2017 . They are probably 1A and 1B for most impressive victories in the past 6 years.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I’m still not in favor of making Key the permanent coach nor do I think we will actually consider it. That said, the more he wins, the more he builds his resume for other programs to see and the more appealing he makes this job look. Hopefully he keeps the momentum going.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I’m still not in favor of making Key the permanent coach nor do I think we will actually consider it. That said, the more he wins, the more he builds his resume for other programs to see and the more appealing he makes this job look. Hopefully he keeps the momentum going.

Key has 8 games to make a case. If he manages to make a case for him to be the coach we have a birth in the ACC championship game and probably a win over UGA.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I’m not going to be a downer tonight but as great as this result is, it’s not worth a thing on its own. Enjoy it, it’s awesome, have fun. The next 7 will tell you what to make of tonight.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Key has 8 games to make a case. If he manages to make a case for him to be the coach we have a birth in the ACC championship game and probably a win over UGA.
The UGA game is interesting. On one hand, winning that is the one thing I think could get him the job. On the other hand, I think we will already have a coach locked up before that game even happens, even if we don’t announce it.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
This. But way too early to tell.
Who was the guy that won the bowl game for us then shown the door?
McDuffie?

chriscarter

Georgia Tech Fan
I would love to see a tech man like CBK take over the program but I don't think it is going to give us the dynamic we need.