Coach Andy McCollum to get interview for HC!

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Coach Mac is our best Recruiter and Brian Cook could become OC and we stay Option based...
Will find out more Saturday!
Only problem with that is you only have 1 coach for all four lbs. I think you could add OC title to CCC and have CNW hire a ilb coach.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I don't want him as GT head coach but i'd like him to be hired by Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt because he recruits so well in Tennessee.

Heard from a source Andy was offered DC but turned down. First , he is enjoying recruiting and position coaching AND
Second, he was not ready for the pressure and time of immediate results.
IMO- he has too many recruiting contacts to drop them for DC .

Another sources said he knows many many coaches in this region When he was middle tennesse head coach he hired Larry fedora, etc . ( At start of pregame he visits w coaches from other teams. ).
Same source said at MTS he was disappointed that he could not get admin and fan support after they had success.

Could we organize with a hc with lower salary and hot shot oc with about same salary , and better position coaches? We could be a poor man's Clemson?
That might work with
Andy selling the value of the program to hill , alums, high school coaches, recruits, AND OUR CLOSE PERSONAL FRIENDS IN THE MEDIA. Also handling the March to 100 percent football grad rate and ZERO WALK AWAY ATTRITION RATE.

imo, if ts a long shot he will get this but I would enjoy having a Marketing type as the head of our football program.
I hope tstan and the new coach would have a key position for Andy. . If not he unlike Sewak will easily find a good spot elsewhere

stech81

Helluva Engineer
[QUOTE="Woodstock, post: 500071, member: 1391"]I think that the best thing to do for the program would be to hire Coach Mac as Assistant Head Coach in charge of recruiting; and, then give him enough assistant to do a real job of national recruiting (six? a dozen?)

This would be a massive upgrade to the program regardless of who the new Head Coach is.

All it will take is a dump truck load of money.[/QUOTE]
Good idea but that would be the new coaches call. If you tell the new head coach who he has to keep you are asking for problems.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Lol there are certainly a few on this board who love the haters argument. Because certain people can see a foray further in mediocrity and we don’t want that for the program we support. That makes them a hater.

Honestly those of you supporting a move such as this are closer to a hater than anything on this thread because this would certainly kill the program thus your support of it means you hate GT football.

4D chess on you fools!

Lololol

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Coach West canCoachLbs.. He has in thepast...Or they can bring in a LB Coach
You can’t bring another coach you would be over the limit. I know other programs bend/break the rule but don’t think we should. The way I had it you don’t add a new coach on O just a lb coach. If you want a new coach for OC then you have to pull a coach off or go without a ilb coach

AugJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Good point. But Dabo is Clemson’s best recruiter. Ditto Saban. I’m leery of this possibility though. What HC experience does Mac have?

Right, the 2 guys who have won the majority of recent National Championships are good recruiters. Mac has me NERVOUS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTFLETCH

Banned
You can’t bring another coach you would be over the limit. I know other programs bend/break the rule but don’t think we should. The way I had it you don’t add a new coach on O just a lb coach. If you want a new coach for OC then you have to pull a coach off or go without a ilb coach
What if Coach Sewak also retires? Move Coach West to LB and hire an OL Coach...or keep Coach West at OL and hire a LB Coach..

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
I was always a big PJ fan, and at times thought it was time to move on but also saw the potential we had with him. Him retiring is perfect for us bc the PJ fans cant be mad we fired him so we should all be on same page. I honestly dont know who we should hire and am just gonna trust Stansbury will make the best decision for GT. Very interested to see what happens, fingers crossed it works out.

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
I can see where this would work. Hire CAM and pay him half of CPJ salary and use the rest to get really good coordinators. Basically what Clemson did.

I also think CAM has the network to assemble a very good coaching staff.

Imho, if we are going to stay the current course he is the best candidate. I think he could get Cook to add some variety to the offense that we desperately need. Defensively he is sound and we would be better.

This is a very strong option for Tech. Not sexy but we would win.

I think he creates a very interesting quandary for Tstan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I also think CAM has the network to assemble a very good coaching staff.

Imho, if we are going to stay the current course he is the best candidate. I think he could get Cook to add some variety to the offense that we desperately need. Defensively he is sound and we would be better.

This is a very strong option for Tech. Not sexy but we would win.

I think he creates a very interesting quandary for Tstan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Looking on the positive side, CAM could be the Dabo hire for Tech. He's an excellent recruiter/cheerleader for the program, and we may not have to pay him as much, so we could hire strong coordinators.