Coach Andy McCollum to get interview for HC!

LibertyTurns

Banned
Lol there are certainly a few on this board who love the haters argument. Because certain people can see a foray further in mediocrity and we don’t want that for the program we support. That makes them a hater.

Honestly those of you supporting a move such as this are closer to a hater than anything on this thread because this would certainly kill the program thus your support of it means you hate GT football.

4D chess on you fools!
We’re going to get a coach that Stansbury picks. Some are going to like it, so hate it, some will sit on the sidelines and wait to see how it turns out. For me, celebrate the outgoing man & be a fan and support the new guy. You’re unlikely to get the second coming arriving at our doorstep so be hopeful we get another man of character & integrity.

The haters get the hater tag because all they do is parrot out something some ESPN dunce blurts out on tv. We laugh at their ignorance regularly because they don’t even understand the game in many cases, but when they have an argument that support the agenda then all of a sudden they’re experts. Second reason the get the hater tag is they run around stating the obvious, ie if we had an extra $500M we would build a lazy river plus dismiss every legitimate aspect of GT that makes us what we are like that is going to change either. You have those people at work unless you run your own business and can fire at will.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I suspect a lot of the old guard assistant coaches will be looking for new jobs after a coach is hired. I hate that they are put into that position. I wish we had the money to place CAM into a position where he was in command of all recruiting. He is a fan and player favorite, but a new coach might clean house and bring in his own staff. That is the life of an assistant football coach.

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I mean out of the two confirmed for interviews we better hire Andy Mac. Whisenhunt has that really impressive 48-71 head coaching record, with the majority of those wins coming from a team with Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald....

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
I mean out of the two confirmed for interviews we better hire Andy Mac. Whisenhunt has that really impressive 48-71 head coaching record, with the majority of those wins coming from a team with Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald....

This is like saying Poppovich isn't a great coach because he won all those games with Duncan... Jackson isn't a good coach because he only won with Jordan... Bellicheck and Brady... Coaches need good players to win, that's a simple reality. There are plenty of reasons I don't want Wise to be the coach, but this wouldn't be at the top of the list.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I want it to drag on til we all hate each other's guts.

#LordoftheFlies

Thought we already did,lol

Beat me to it. But really, we get along pretty good as long as we stay away from characterizations.

I like the idea of MAC if he's the best candidate to be the CEO / recruiter. Then have a real OC and DC. Since CPJ retired, there is no buy out correct? Another thing to thank him for.

I guess I'm a hater since I run around and state the obvious, at least to me but unfortunately no one else. (Just kidding @LibertyTurns )

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Beat me to it. But really, we get along pretty good as long as we stay away from characterizations.

I like the idea of MAC if he's the best candidate to be the CEO / recruiter. Then have a real OC and DC. Since CPJ retired, there is no buy out correct? Another thing to thank him for.

I guess I'm a hater since I run around and state the obvious, at least to me but unfortunately no one else. (Just kidding @LibertyTurns )
He’s owed $1M paid over 4 years, I believe.

Animal02

Banned
Only for the haters. It’s not as if any huge rockstar coaches have been mentioned in consideration. Several intriguing ones but none that are obvious future Hall of Famers. So it’s kind of silly to say any who have been mentioned are anti-climatic.
There is nothing wrong with it being anti climatic. It would be an affirmation that CPJ has the program on the right track. The CPJ haters will spin everything to be about the offense while ignoring all the facts.

Deleted member 2897

He’s probably just trolling Dan Wolken. I don’t want Army’s coach or KenW, but I’d get behind any of those. But if we hire someone like AMac, I’ll be flabbergasted.

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
So do you discount all of Saban's wins because he always has the most talent at every position or Bill Belichick's wins because he has Tom Brady. Pros is a lot different than college. Go look at the history of Tennessee Titans football and they have an all time losing record. Just sayin.

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
I can see where this would work. Hire CAM and pay him half of CPJ salary and use the rest to get really good coordinators. Basically what Clemson did.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
HC: Tony Elliot / Play Caller?
Asst HC/Rec Coord / whatever else he wants so he stays: Andy Mac
OC: Bryan Cook
DC: Nate Woody

I'd be interested in something like that. Nice blend of youth, recruiting, continuity, and excitement. Tony can fill out the rest of the staff with his guys.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Nothing against the guy, but if a head coach is to be hired, get out and bring in fresh blood altogether. And in answer to another observation, the NCAA doesn't limit the "head coach" contact. But if he is the head ball coach he would be very selective in where and who he recruited because he can't be on the road all the time.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
HC: Tony Elliot / Play Caller?
Asst HC/Rec Coord / whatever else he wants so he stays: Andy Mac
OC: Bryan Cook
DC: Nate Woody

I'd be interested in something like that. Nice blend of youth, recruiting, continuity, and excitement. Tony can fill out the rest of the staff with his guys.
Cook wouldn't be the OC under Elliot. Totally different systems