Coach Andy McCollum to get interview for HC!

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I REALLY like Mac as HC. You could then let CNW bring in another coach for ilb for probably less money than what Mac was making. Mac will get an increase but maybe less than CPJ to save more money to allow more support staff to be added. CCC could add OC title to be BB and QB coach.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Cook wouldn't be the OC under Elliot. Totally different systems
I wouldn't mind this coaching staff

Head Coach: Tony Elliott

Offensive Coordinator:Tee Martin or Bryan McClendon(South Carolina Co- OC)

Defensive Coordinator:Coach Nate Woody or Bob Trott(2018 James Madison DC)

Recruiting Coach: Andy Mac

83jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Dabo Swinney was a WR coach with no coordinator experience much less head coaching experience when Clemson hired him. I am a positive many Tech fans would have go ballistic if we hired a coach with Dabo’ resume. We am do a lot worse than Coach MAC and I can guarantee you if he is hired recruiting will be a top priority each and every day.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Dabo Swinney was a WR coach with no coordinator experience much less head coaching experience when Clemson hired him. I am a positive many Tech fans would have go ballistic if we hired a coach with Dabo’ resume. We am do a lot worse than Coach MAC and I can guarantee you if he is hired recruiting will be a top priority each and every day.
I agree , we could do a LOT WORSE than MAC, but IMO we are not at that point in the process, yet. I really want him to stay as part of the staff, though.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
He started the MTSU program. Had some very good years and some ok ones. Top level DC is his career as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Am I missing something? MTSU has had a team almost as long as we have. MAC did usher them into the Sun Belt.

He had one decent year (8-3), and finished below .500 in all but 2 years as HC. The coaches before and after MAC did much better as a whole.

I'm not sure what about that record excites everyone.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Am I missing something? MTSU has had a team almost as long as we have. MAC did usher them into the Sun Belt.

He had one decent year (8-3), and finished below .500 in all but 2 years as HC. The coaches before and after MAC did much better as a whole.

I'm not sure what about that record excites everyone.
His skill as a recruiter earns him a spot on the next coaching staff

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
I was about to post something similar. I thought Dabo was a joke and the only reason he was placed in that position was because he had the full support of the players. Clemson would allow Dabo to be interim and then replaced ASAP. This just goes to show how little I know, Dabo is doing pretty well at Clemson. Replicating this with our budget and clear recruiting hurdles is doubtful. But, what do I know??