Clinton Lynch

TechnicalPossum

Ramblin' Wreck
It's strange to think that he was a signing day flip from Georgia State to us. If one other recruit had said "yes" earlier, he likely would have never been with us.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Last week Andy noted that he played wide receiver in high school. Asked CPJ if it was a hard sell telling him we wanted him as an A back. Coach said, "I don't know. We only recruited him for a week." As you say, we got one of our top offensive players as an afterthought. The recruiting game always turns up strange results.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Last week Andy noted that he played wide receiver in high school. Asked CPJ if it was a hard sell telling him we wanted him as an A back. Coach said, "I don't know. We only recruited him for a week." As you say, we got one of our top offensive players as an afterthought. The recruiting game always turns up strange results.

His HS coach told the press at signing time that GT had gotten a really good player that would be a pleasant surprise. I have not only been impressed with his running and receiving, but also with his toughness. His blocking is not Godhigh like, but is above average and still improving. He has not missed game snaps in nearly two seasons while blocking and taking a lot of D hits. CPJ in Fall Camp identified CL more than once as the standout of the ABs. Great job CL.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I don't get the knocks on Lynch as an athlete. dude is fluid and he is certainly faster than some of our a-backs.
Hes fast enough, but he doesn't have blow you away speed.

That's the thing about him, he's not the fastest guy, not the biggest guy, not the shiftiest guy, but he is fluid, and he's big enough fast enough and Shifty enough that it comes together to form a nice all-around back.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Hes fast enough, but he doesn't have blow you away speed.

That's the thing about him, he's not the fastest guy, not the biggest guy, not the shiftiest guy, but he is fluid, and he's big enough fast enough and Shifty enough that it comes together to form a nice all-around back.

To me that's just the thing - all of his speed translates to the field. i think he's faster than he is given credit for.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I say again...I am really looking forward to 2 more years with Lynch at AB and Mills at BB.

I was high on him last season, and fought like heck to convince everyone what a player this guy was and will be. There were some on here who believed that CL was going to get performance reviewed out of the rotation after Qua, Cottrell, and JJ came back into the picture. Not only has that proven to be false, but CL took the next step in developing into a great AB. Easily our best overall weapon outside of JeT.

Nothing about CL physically wows you...except when he steps between the lines, he's the epitome of a football player. He just gets the job done, and he's doing it far above the median line for ABs.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I was surprised by Lynch last year, but not so much now. He's like Mills: they both go into tackles full tilt boogie and keep churning. Result = both last year and this year, he's proven that he can get yards after a hit. Shoot, last year I thought Coach should ask him to bulk up and put him at BB. Luckily, that isn't necessary anymore.

The other thing is that he can really catch. That's why I was saying that he should be moved to WR. Well, now that both Jeune and Stewart are catching the ball so much better, there's no reason to do that and I'm glad.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
I got the chance to visit with one of his coaches after his signing. I left feeling real good about the flip from Ga State. Stated he was a baller and that he did everything for them. Unlike the two 5 star kids on their roster, great kid and family. I must say that I am one of the guys that felt that he would be relegated to fill in duty with the injection of talent this year.