Clinton Lynch

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hes fast enough, but he doesn't have blow you away speed.

That's the thing about him, he's not the fastest guy, not the biggest guy, not the shiftiest guy, but he is fluid, and he's big enough fast enough and Shifty enough that it comes together to form a nice all-around back.

I think you just described Jerry "Scooter" Mays, one of our best backs ever. The whole was greater than the sum of the parts with Mays.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Cool shot from our back-up photographer yesterday

upload_2016-10-30_13-18-2.png

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
He's definitely a great player and we're lucky to have him. He reminds me a lot of Dennis Andrews but Andrews got kicked off the team before he could show what he could do. Andrews has turned into a really good WR for MTSU. CL will probably go down as our best AB of the CPJ era, depending on the how our next QB utilizes him.

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
If you were recruiting CL from HS, what would have jumped out on film to say we HAVE to have this guy? Undoubtedly, he has blossomed, but it would have been really hard to predict 3 years ago. He is a high football IQ player, good for us.

Boomer- I keep defending this kid- saying he's the real deal. I have watched him play since he was 11, he came from the same youth program as Roddy! In high school he was over shadowed by a huge amount of 5 star talent. Sometimes- being a 3-4-5 star recruit is based on - Nike camps, college camps- a bunch of stuff and events that for whatever reason - you do not attend. For me, he is a baller- When we were needing a score Saturday- I kept screaming at my wife---------throw it to Clinton!!!! We did, score!!!!!!!!! By the way, for the Stewart fans, he did great.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
As you say, we got one of our top offensive players as an afterthought. The recruiting game always turns up strange results.
Yep. Lamar Jackson, former Heisman front runner was the number 17 ranked dual purpose QB's his senior year. That generally means they are not very good QBs, but good athletes.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
From today's postgame notes:
  • Lynch’s 56-yard go-ahead touchdown reception in the third quarter was his sixth touchdown of the season that covered at least 45 yards.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Great hands too. When the ball is thrown his way, he's catching that ball
Yeah, this is it. Really good hands and a good ball carrier as well. Blocking comes with time and work.
The ideal ABack is an excellent receiver.

Now, as for the OL, more time and work is needed. We are really, really young there. Pray for no injuries.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Boomer- I keep defending this kid- saying he's the real deal. I have watched him play since he was 11, he came from the same youth program as Roddy! In high school he was over shadowed by a huge amount of 5 star talent. Sometimes- being a 3-4-5 star recruit is based on - Nike camps, college camps- a bunch of stuff and events that for whatever reason - you do not attend. For me, he is a baller- When we were needing a score Saturday- I kept screaming at my wife---------throw it to Clinton!!!! We did, score!!!!!!!!! By the way, for the Stewart fans, he did great.
Great response!!!