Clemson

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
i hope I’m not having a loser’s mentality here , but I for one would like to quit playing Clemson every year. I know people are gonna day it’s cause I think we can’t beat them , but I think it’d just be nice to change things up some , I mean we’ve never played Syracuse , BC, Louisville very much over the years , why not mix it up?

Yes, you are having a losers mentality.

Jacket4Life9

Jolly Good Fellow
I'd rather add another ACC game than play Clemson only twice a decade. I'd rather see Wake/ NC State/Louisville/Cuse than USFs of the world

LibertyTurns

Banned
We beat them 7 of 9 & now they’ve beat us 6 of 7. Order will be restored in the universe at some point & we’ll be back to laughing at Clemp fans on U tube pounding the bleachers after we beat their asses again.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Let's just go to the American conference...and not play UCF
Yea, I guess all the power SEC teams should do the same, considering we play a WAY hardener schedule than those teams most every year. Dropping Clemson would still put us at a tough schedule, that’s nothing like going to the AAC.

GTG768B

Jolly Good Fellow
i hope I’m not having a loser’s mentality here , but I for one would like to quit playing Clemson every year. I know people are gonna day it’s cause I think we can’t beat them , but I think it’d just be nice to change things up some , I mean we’ve never played Syracuse , BC, Louisville very much over the years , why not mix it up?

Loser's mentality. If we keep Clemson and Georgie on the schedule, and we win out, we go to the playoff. We control our destiny.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Loser's mentality. If we keep Clemson and Georgie on the schedule, and we win out, we go to the playoff. We control our destiny.
If we drop Clemson and win out, we go to the playoffs as well. It’s also a lot easier to win out with only 1 of those teams on your schedule, especially when you will more than likely have to play Clemson in the ACCCG.

Animal02

Banned
I agree. It is not fair in league competion to saddle teams with one opponent like that. All teams have streaks, it should be luck of the random order....not road blocks / cake walks for years on end.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Yea, I guess all the power SEC teams should do the same, considering we play a WAY hardener schedule than those teams most every year. Dropping Clemson would still put us at a tough schedule, that’s nothing like going to the AAC.

I was being sarcastic. You don't drop teams because they are currently better than you. What if every team in the pac 12 dropped USC 10 years ago? Or every big ten team dropped Ohio State? Competitors don't run from the best

Eli

Helluva Engineer

In fact to add on to my previous post what if Stanford dropped USC? They would have never beat them what is today one of the biggest upsets ever and a victory that launched their program under Jim Harbaugh

LibertyTurns

Banned
I agree. It is not fair in league competion to saddle teams with one opponent like that. All teams have streaks, it should be luck of the random order....not road blocks / cake walks for years on end.
Patriots have had the Dolphins, Bills & Jets forever but nobody’s talking about reorganizing the AFC or taking Super Bowls away from them because they played an easy schedule every year.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I was being sarcastic. You don't drop teams because they are currently better than you. What if every team in the pac 12 dropped USC 10 years ago? Or every big ten team dropped Ohio State? Competitors don't run from the best
I get this, I’m talking from a stand point of “fairness” in scheduling of the ACC. It’s just been overall uneven, and not in the favor of GT.

Milwaukee

Banned
I thouht the "nature boy" Ric Flair said,"to be the man, you got to beat the man, woooo!

You're talkin to the Rolex wearin, diamond ring wearin, kiss stealin, whoa, wheelin dealin, limousine ridin, jet flyin sunnuva gun. And I'm havin a hard time holding these alligators down. Whoa.

****ing legend. Dude invented swag before Deion took it mainstream.

I'm sorry, carry on.

Animal02

Banned
Patriots have had the Dolphins, Bills & Jets forever but nobody’s talking about reorganizing the AFC or taking Super Bowls away from them because they played an easy schedule every year.
No one saying everybody drop them. Just that they should rotate through the division like all other teams.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I get this, I’m talking from a stand point of “fairness” in scheduling of the ACC. It’s just been overall uneven, and not in the favor of GT.

So what if Louisville becomes a top 10 team? Then we play them every year instead of Clemson? Do we drop Louisville and add clemson again?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Guys, it’s not so much about playing Clemson as it is being smart. Do you want to compete for a championship? We talk about wanting to do what all these powerhouses do in recruiting, funds, staff size, but don’t want to carry on with scheduling? There a reason the top teams do what they do. Not even the NFL has a system like this when playing cross overs in divisions, they rotate. Not to mention Clemson is not a rivalry like UGA.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
For what it's worth, I read the OP's post as having nothing to do with the strength of crossover opponents or being scared. He simply said he'd prefer to play other teams more often.

That being said, since others brought up the issue of having an imbalance in the strength of crossover opponents, I've always felt there was one solution that could satisfy almost everyone. It's been stated on the board many times. That solution is, your qualification for the ACCCG is based on division record only. In other words, if we sweep the Coastal, it doesn't matter if we lose both crossover games. We won our division with a record of 6-0. Just because VT, or Pitt, or whoever goes 7-1 based on beating Wake and Louisville, it doesn't matter. They weren't the best team in our division.