Clemson

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
i hope I’m not having a loser’s mentality here , but I for one would like to quit playing Clemson every year. I know people are gonna day it’s cause I think we can’t beat them , but I think it’d just be nice to change things up some , I mean we’ve never played Syracuse , BC, Louisville very much over the years , why not mix it up?

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
i hope I’m not having a loser’s mentality here , but I for one would like to quit playing Clemson every year. I know people are gonna day it’s cause I think we can’t beat them , but I think it’d just be nice to change things up some , I mean we’ve never played Syracuse , BC, Louisville very much over the years , why not mix it up?

Because Clemson is a traditional rival and the rest of the Atlantic outside of FSU sucks. Once every 4 year rotation or whatever it is is enough unless we go to 9 conference games.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
It hasn’t been a contest last few years & probably won’t be until CGC gets his feet under him

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer

I love playing Clemson. It’s the epitome of college football. Plus, it’s within driving distance.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
When,

IIMA, when, exactly, did you start feeling this way? 1984, 1990, 2008 or 09?

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
If they ever expand the playoffs, there will probably be some changes to the cross over games.

Powerhouse teams ebb and flow if you watch football long enough. Remember when Texas, USCw, Michigan, Oregon, etc. were the yearly teams at the top of the BCS?

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
That type of attitude is why A&M doesn’t have about 6 or 7 more victories against Texas.
Clemson is a rival. We have to get on that level or hope they come back towards us.

Nothing lasts forever. Ask FSU and Miami.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
It makes perfect sense to not play them every year. Imo cross overs should rotate every year. It’s not so much that I don’t want to play Clemson, but it’s about leveling the playing field. The top teams in the country generally don’t play as tough of a schedule year in and year out like we do. It is literally handcuffing us imo. I know, I know, it’s a rivalry, but at the same time, do y’all want to compete for championships? There is a reason these other teams that are power houses don’t play a schedule like us, it literally benifits us in no way imo.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
So? Look at any rivalry and there’s always ebbs and flows. If either team only played each other when they knew for sure it’d be an OT game then no rivarlies would ever be played.
There is usually an ebb and flow what the teams are equally matched, maybe we get there with CGC though. I don’t see Clemson falling anytime soon and this is the best they have ever been over a period of time right? Out of conference like UGA, I agree you don’t drop. However, in conference (unless a Miami vs FSU type deal) you can get rid of and just play two teams every year from the Atlantic and let it rotate every year. This is what the NFL does and their system is WAY better imo.