Votes: 14 11.1%
  • Clemson by 14+

Votes: 92 73.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Given A) that over 80% in the above poll are picking Clemson, and given B) the prognostication skills of this group in our first two games when similar numbers were picking GT in those two games...this one all of a sudden feels like a lock imo. GT 30..Clempson 28. We hit a late field goal from 50 yards.
Why not? That would be "Teching" and "Clemsoning" all rolled up into one game. For us to pull the ultimate "Teching" we would have to win this one, lose on out until we beat Uga (although our bid to beat Bowling Green ends in a tie when our PAT at the end of the 4th quarter bounces off the goalpost so we have to settle for a 6-6 tie) in the final game at their place. Those two teams (Clemson and Uga) meet in the NC and no matter the outcome, we proclaim ourselves unofficial NC's. And then the Mayan apocalypse occurs, 6 years late due to a rounding error on their part which is understandable because they didn't have TI-30's or even slide rules back then so our 2019 "Unofficial National Champions" T -shirts never show up which will be really disappointing because we were already billed in full in advance plus they were the new Adidas gold and also on account of us getting "hard verbal" commits from 4 5-star DT's from So.Ga.,Dallas, Miami and a parrish in La. where practically all the blue-chippers end up at LSU who all had extremely high college board scores in the last few weeks leading up to the early signing period along with a "soft verbal" from one of Robert Lavette's sister's nephew and a "silent verbal" from Charlie Chaplin's great grandson whose high school film reminded me a lot of Ed Wilder's when he was at Washington-Wilkes High School over in east Ga.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
You know what’s crazt about this? I played NCAA 14 the other night and this same **** happened. JT picked off a pass with 3 min left and TM went crazy. Scored with 37 sec left to make it 28-27. Went for 2 on a rocket toss and converted. We win Saturday! **** it!
I use to go undefeated every year and #1 in recruiting back when I played. Never translated though lol. I hope it happens though

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
42-0.

I fear the big disappoint - under 100 yds rushing.

Man I hate these injuries- LJ, WB. Makes me negative.
I agree that something like this will happen. Clemson beat GSo by 31 and dropped a spot in the polls. As much Dabo likes PJ, I fear a 38 or more point defeat.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I agree that something like this will happen. Clemson beat GSo by 31 and dropped a spot in the polls. As much Dabo likes PJ, I fear a 38 or more point defeat.

Like I said in my previous post, common opponents could mean the difference between 3rd and 4th place this year. No one wants to face Alabama first. They would much rather be 3rd. Clempson will have to set the bar on beating us. UGly set the bar for USC already.

In his latest AJC post, Ken quotes Brant Mitchell as saying, “That’s something we’re going to have to do in the future, is play better in the first half and not let ’em get up as much.” Not let 'em get up AS MUCH??? How about not let 'em get up AT ALL. That might not be a totally realistic thing to say about Clemson, but IMO it's a totally defeatist attitude on Mitchell's part. Sounds like he's already conceded the game before it's even started. Sadly, I imagine he's not the only one on the team who feels that way. If you don't go on the field with the idea planted in your head that you ARE going to hold them, and you ARE going to win, then you might as well not put on the uniform.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Our defense will be our undoing on this one. The defensive line seems OK, but we're weak at linebacker and fair in the defensive backfield. We've been doing a lot of those helicopter tackles, one arm on and the legs swinging around. I think we can score at least one touchdown. Clemson is in the running for the National Championship and has got to score a lot of style points. 51 to 7.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
In his latest AJC post, Ken quotes Brant Mitchell as saying, “That’s something we’re going to have to do in the future, is play better in the first half and not let ’em get up as much.” Not let 'em get up AS MUCH??? How about not let 'em get up AT ALL. That might not be a totally realistic thing to say about Clemson, but IMO it's a totally defeatist attitude on Mitchell's part. Sounds like he's already conceded the game before it's even started. Sadly, I imagine he's not the only one on the team who feels that way. If you don't go on the field with the idea planted in your head that you ARE going to hold them, and you ARE going to win, then you might as well not put on the uniform.
Mitchell's play has been disappointing.

Our defense will be our undoing on this one. The defensive line seems OK, but we're weak at linebacker and fair in the defensive backfield. We've been doing a lot of those helicopter tackles, one arm on and the legs swinging around. I think we can score at least one touchdown. Clemson is in the running for the National Championship and has got to score a lot of style points. 51 to 7.
I don't think Dabo will intentionally let it go that far. Style points, or lack thereof, won't keep Clemson out of the playoffs.