• Clemson by 7-13

Votes: 14 11.1%
  • Clemson by 14+

Votes: 92 73.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Not feeling good about this game too many players out , plus Venables has had CPJ number the last 2 years. Defense getting better but still not ready for a team like Clemson. Just feel this game will get out of hand fast.
Clemson 38 Tech 10

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Good news: Clemson offense is in a bit of a stalling pattern so far. They've been rotating QBs trying to work in their phenom freshmen QB Trevor Lawrence.
Bad news: The cure for a bad offense is usually GT's defense (I kid...kinda)

I like what I saw from our defense the 2nd half of Pitt. I think our defense plays a lot better this game. Defense HAS TO "steal" a couple of possessions for our offense from turnovers or short possessions.

Offensively, we need to play ball control. I'd like to see us work more midline, and speed option. Quick hitting plays that we can keep ahead of schedule with. We need drives of 6-8 minutes that end with scores. Since we used a lot of speed option against Pitt, I don't see CPJ really using it all that much. CPJ doesn't like to do heavy doses of anything two games in a row.

I'll stick to what I said in another thread. I think it'll be a lot closer than what we think...and will go down to the last couple of possessions. Our boys are going to fight like heck in front of the home crowd!

No score prediction.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
We will not be able to run on them ! What will that mean ? Oh yeah , we will pass a lot!! UH OH !!
Still think it's close at the half 17-10 , Clemson. They pull away late, we got nothing in response. Clemson 38-13.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
If we can score two touchdowns in the first half. It will be a ball game, it will energize our defense. If our defense is making stops and our offense is awful? Then we may keep it within 10 first half and then they pull away with a 24-7, 31-14 type game.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Good news: Clemson offense is in a bit of a stalling pattern so far. They've been rotating QBs trying to work in their phenom freshmen QB Trevor Lawrence.
Bad news: The cure for a bad offense is usually GT's defense (I kid...kinda)

I like what I saw from our defense the 2nd half of Pitt. I think our defense plays a lot better this game. Defense HAS TO "steal" a couple of possessions for our offense from turnovers or short possessions.

Offensively, we need to play ball control. I'd like to see us work more midline, and speed option. Quick hitting plays that we can keep ahead of schedule with. We need drives of 6-8 minutes that end with scores. Since we used a lot of speed option against Pitt, I don't see CPJ really using it all that much. CPJ doesn't like to do heavy doses of anything two games in a row.

I'll stick to what I said in another thread. I think it'll be a lot closer than what we think...and will go down to the last couple of possessions. Our boys are going to fight like heck in front of the home crowd!

No score prediction.
I like your optimism. However given how Clemson has played our offense recently, I don't think 6-8 minute drives are possible. They have been sending the kitchen sink with cornerbacks, safeties and linebackers all running to the line. If we are going to beat them, it will take busting that charge with some big plays and short drive times.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I have a weird feeling we win this one somehow. But still finish with a disappointing season at 4-8 or 6-6 at best.

You know, I hope you’re right. If we win though, I’m betting that the ACC misses the CFP as I believe Clemson is the only ACC team that has a shot at making it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk