Clemson prediction.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Will be a great atmosphere. I haven't been impressed with Clemson so far so I think this will be close either way. I have a good feeling about this game with their history at bobby Dodd and a packed house.

GT 31
Clem 24

jacket1515

Georgia Tech Fan
Historically these types of games (GT as a home underdog) tend to go under the Vegas total (was at 57 the last time I checked).

Regardless, I don't see us putting up points in the 30s. All comes down to whether or not we can limit possessions.

GT 24
Clem 21

MidtownJacket

Staff member
You know what, I have a good feeling about the way our team is playing.. we haven't put together a complete game yet, but are building week over week. I think that trend continues and we keep it close. I am putting it at 38 - 21 Goodguys.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I think we are a decent, solid team. I think we are getting better each week and will be a very good team by November. I just think Clemson has more athletes than we do, and their QB will be the difference. I remember Woody Danzler killing us with his arm and his feet, and suspect this game will be more of the same. Our pass defense has not been stalwart so far in this young season. We are really geared to stop power running teams like Vandy (and UGa, to be honest)...but teams who can throw the ball will give us fits. I like our chances against Pitt, and UGa, but far less against Clemson and Miami. Our offense will have a couple of long, struggling, grind 'em put drives...but we aren't consistent enough offensively yet against a talented and fast defense. If we see 'em again in the post-season, I'd like our chances better.....

Clemson 31
GT 21

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Clemson hasn't won in Atlanta since 2003, so they definitely have something extra to play for... with the exception of Thursday night openers to FCS teams GT's record on Thursday night games vs FBS teams is awful.

Since 2008 GT is 6-2 in Thursday night games vs FBS teams... in fact 2009 Clemson was the last Thursday game we won vs FBS. 1 loss to miami and clemson a piece and of course 4 losses to our Thursday kryptonite... VT.

I'm hoping out Thursday night Streak ends at 0-6 since that Thursday Clemson game and Clemson's Bobby Dodd Hex goes up to 6-0.

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
GT 41 - 37. Big victory for the jackets and prime numbers.

GT takes an early, substantial lead.

Watson leads a respectable comeback.

JeT out duals Watson in the 4th quarter. GT pulls ahead late & never looks back.

^ find me at the tailgate tomorrow if you want to try some of my moonshine kool-aid.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Assuming no turnovers and guessing 10 possessions each:
Clemson 42 (they scored 43 last year and their O is mostly back so they score on 6 of 10 possessions)
GT 28 (we scored 28 in 2014 (the 11th game of the year when we were hitting our stride) and 24 last year (some trash time). With most of their experience on their D gone but better athletes overall, they'll get used to our speed so I used 2014's 28 points)

For each turnover, take off 3.5 from the team that lost it. Atomic has it at 23-30 Clemson. As you can tell, I don't think the score is going to be that low but could be with enough turnovers.

I'm with @jwsavhGT , I predict chat is going to be lively.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
@GTNavyNuke
Predicting this game off events last year is folly IMO. Different game, season, and teams. Even if we play em twice this year I won't expect the same results in game 2 from game 1.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@GTNavyNuke
Predicting this game off events last year is folly IMO. Different game, season, and teams. Even if we play em twice this year I won't expect the same results in game 2 from game 1.

Predicting any game is a folly. Your point? (kidding sort of since I've never been right and don't expect to start this weekend.)

If we play twice in the season, the advantage goes to the more physically talented team ........ but Clemson won't make the ACCCG. L'Ville is going to destroy Clemson IMHO. We have as good or better a chance to make the ACCCG as Clemson since we don't have 1) L'Ville, 2) Clemson or 3) FSU in our division.

I hope people realize that Clemson is #3 by Football Outsiders ( http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/fei ) and J Howell (http://www.jhowell.net/cf/cf2016.htm ). They are "miles" better than other teams we have played with "a lot of cats" as CPJ has said.