Clemson prediction.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
And here I though our O-Line was improving. We are only good against mediocre teams, I wish this team was a top 10 team like 2014, but the O-Line still has issues like last year. This game reminded me much of last years game

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
No explosive plays from the BB position. It's killing the offense. I still think we are the best of the mediocre to bottom of the barrel teams. I'm beginning to think JT topped out in 2014 and that may be because of all the talent he had around him.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Lol ok man.

Fwiw, Clemson's offense scored right at 2pts/dr which is what they did vs Aubie, and that's not counting the last drive where they kept their starters in and went for the endzone.

So, you were wrong on your prediction of their offense.

We were both wrong on our O vs their D, but I was more wrong, way more wrong. I over estimated the predictive power of Vandy being a top 25 D having played SEC competition.

Acmnni1

Georgia Tech Fan
Well neither team scored as much as I expected but I will say I wasn't surprised Clemson won handly. The talent disparity is obvious, even though that doesnt always mean results. I was impressed with the GT defense against the run. I thought they played it well most of the night. Clemson has a good OL but Roof and your D looked better for the most part against the run. The big difference seemed to be the Clemson front 7. Thomas has a pretty good arm, but he didn't get much of a chance tonight. Once again, Brent Venables got his D dialed in. If he isn't the best DC in the country I don't know who is. Big win for Clemson on the road. Next weekend should be fun to watch. Good luck the rest of the way.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
No explosive plays from the BB position. It's killing the offense. I still think we are the best of the mediocre to bottom of the barrel teams. I'm beginning to think JT topped out in 2014 and that may be because of all the talent he had around him.

I said that about JT last year and people got really angry. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I said that about JT last year and people got really angry. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that.

With this offense style JT is only as good as the rest of the team around him. 2014 we had a great team, and last weeks game against Vandy was starting to show that again. Unfortunately, Clemson has gained a lot since 2014 and we just don't have the powerhouse to match that. I'm actually wondering how our 2014 team would have fared against the current Clemson team. Still though even though we were out athleted last night, our O-Line looked horrible and maybe worse that last years game against them.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Well neither team scored as much as I expected but I will say I wasn't surprised Clemson won handly. The talent disparity is obvious, even though that doesnt always mean results. I was impressed with the GT defense against the run. I thought they played it well most of the night. Clemson has a good OL but Roof and your D looked better for the most part against the run. The big difference seemed to be the Clemson front 7. Thomas has a pretty good arm, but he didn't get much of a chance tonight. Once again, Brent Venables got his D dialed in. If he isn't the best DC in the country I don't know who is. Big win for Clemson on the road. Next weekend should be fun to watch. Good luck the rest of the way.
In Swinney's remarks after the game it was clear that coming into Atlanta and breaking that Dodd stadium losing streak was important to him. I am guessing he and Johnson are kind of alike in those goal-setting things, and last night was one of Swinney's goals.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
With this offense style JT is only as good as the rest of the team around him. 2014 we had a great team, and last weeks game against Vandy was starting to show that again. Unfortunately, Clemson has gained a lot since 2014 and we just don't have the powerhouse to match that. I'm actually wondering how our 2014 team would have fared against the current Clemson team. Still though even though we were out athleted last night, our O-Line looked horrible and maybe worse that last years game against them.
People forget that Clemson had a great year by normal standards in 2014, and that two of Tech's scores came on really bad -- I mean bad -- throws from the QB who replaced Watson. But yes, Clemson has its entire program in overdrive now and deserves to be up there in the national championship talk, and with its recruiting will be most years. Swinney apparently did a Johnson with much of his new contract after last season and instead of so much cash going to him money is being spent on assistants, staff additions (non-field coaching positions, which apparently are unlimited) and facilities and travel. In my mind and though nobody wants to hear, or few do, Tech will almost always be out-athleted, as you say. We can have those '14 years occasionally -- and before getting carried away remember that remarkable November and December stretch; that does not come along very often -- but we are not going to be Clemson, FSU and maybe Miami or despicable Louisville. Since Clemson doesn't cheat, I am pulling for them in the NC. Competing at this level is awfully, awfully hard, isn't it?