Clemson Postgame

JKMSJ

Jolly Good Fellow
:)
And yes it bugs me hwen ym fnigers d'ont tyep what they should...

Typing on a phone makes it even worse :)

I can spell grammar. Maybe you just forgot to enter the word NOT. If so, that is okay. It's not the end of the world.

We see there for their, were for where, etc. all the time. Also seen missed words in sentences that make the sentence mean something else.

Trust me when I notice me spelling/grammar... usually to darn late to be able to go back and edit.
I gotcha no problem we can proceed with discussing GT football now. That sure was hard to watch today seems like PJ keeps doing the same thing over and over regardless if it works or not.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
You don't recall correctly. Groh was fired after 21/2 yrs without improvement and an unwillingness to move to 1gap as requested by HC.

Our performance was and has been embarrassing, but let's not be stupid.

That would be totally missing the point. And the point of the post was fix it so the kids get it or gtfo. The point wasnt comparing groh to paul. It was comparing the points of teaching and if was a detriment to groh it has been to paul as well this year

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I gotcha no problem we can proceed with discussing GT football now. That sure was hard to watch today seems like PJ keeps doing the same thing over and over regardless if it works or not.

Its not just paul. Watch a roof d. Serious. Scrutinize it. Paul doesnt touch the d. Our whole staff is made up of rinse and repeat lol

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
AG seems to walk himself out of plays. I.e. walks up too close to the line and then unable to get an angle to make a tackle. Yes, he has made other big plays, but he had at least one of theose moments again today (one of the CU touchdowns) :(

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
Have to question why there are so many freshmen playing prematurely. It all points to small 2013 class compounded with attrition from that class - leading to a huge gap in experience. We got some playmakers on the field but they are forced to on the job, which unfortunately does not bare well with our current schedule. This season may not be what we all hoped for it, but I am confident in the players we got out there to grow and get better. Call me the eternal optimist, if you want.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
This is all down to CPJ. He is the CEO of our program, and whether it is the assistant coaches, the players, whomever, it is on CPJ. Period. End of discussion.

Having said that, I was sickened by watching us run dive after dive after dive, in the 2nd half down 23. Crazy and stupid. I was also sick of watching a non-aggressive defense.Last year we seemed to become much more aggressive. This year we are back to being a "bend but don't break", which breaks all the time. We can't tackle, and we sit 8 yards off their receivers giving short passes all day long....and yet we *still* get beat downfield. Incredible.

All in all, the execution we have seen these last 4 games has bene on par with high school football. Missed short field goals, snaps over our punters head, kids lining up in the wrong place..etc etc etc. High school level execution. And this from on offensive line that is full of experience just as much as it is on those freshmen.

I repeat...this is ALL on CPJ because he's in charge of this mess. I sure hope his tone becomes more humble...

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
So many negative rushing plays, couldn't even hit 2yd/rush.

GT Clem
First Downs
13 26
Total Yards 230 537
Turnovers 1 3
First Downs 13 26
Passes for First 5 16
Rushes for First 7 8
Penalties for
First
1 2
Third Down
Efficiency
1-12 10-16
Fourth Down
Efficiency
1-1 0-1
Total Yards 230 537
Total Plays 55 75
Avg Gain Per Play 4.2 7.2
Net Yards
Rushing
71 201
Rushes 41 41
Yards Per Rush 1.7 4.9
Net Yards Passing 159 336
Comp-Att 6-14 23-34
Yards Per Pass 11.4 9.9
Times Sacked 1 2
Yds Lost To Sacks -5 -15
Interceptions 1 1

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
When listening to the radio they commented that one member of the D was giving Kagawa an earful for not lining up correctly. That was just before Clemson called time out late in the game IIRC.
Just another piece of evidence that the players are making mistakes, regardless of what they have been coached/told to do.

If you watched the game, you saw CPJ giving the "WTF are you doing" to Skov as we had to burn a TO.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
At some point, CPJ has to quit blaming it on injuries, inexperience, and poor execution and needs to step up and take some responsibility. That is what a good leader does to show his team that he is accountable too. With that being said, he needs to start calling plays to give the offense a chance to look respectable. Continuing to drop JT back to pass is being met with limited success...he is usually running for his life back there. Instead roll him out and give him the option to run or throw. Bottom line, he needs to make some tweaks with his play calling. I will always pull for the Jackets, even if we lose the rest of our games this year.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
At some point, CPJ has to quit blaming it on injuries, inexperience, and poor execution and needs to step up and take some responsibility. That is what a good leader does to show his team that he is accountable too. With that being said, he needs to start calling plays to give the offense a chance to look respectable. Continuing to drop JT back to pass is being met with limited success...he is usually running for his life back there. Instead roll him out and give him the option to run or throw. Bottom line, he needs to make some tweaks with his play calling. I will always pull for the Jackets, even if we lose the rest of our games this year.
Go listen to his post game presser. He takes blame 10 seconds into it.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Thanks. I did not listen to it bc every presser and on his radio show he has said the same thing. Glad to hear that. I am going to listen to it now.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

edited - @sidewalkGTfan has already stated to check presser...