Clemson Postgame

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Got it, giving up 400+ rushing yards, 600+ total yards, and 52 points is "pretty solid." Do you often describe toilet paper as "pretty solid," all things considered?

Relax man. This is against a team that averaged 45 points a game last year (and didn't lose much of anything on offense) while we are in a completely new system and most of our starters are sophomores or younger. Considering they stopped them on third down several times (ended 6-12) picked the best QB in football twice and recovered a fumble, I was pleased with the defense. They will only get better and won't face as talented of an offense again this year.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
This is not true, we lost to the defending champs. If we lose to USF, we will have gone down.

It could happen. This season may unravel in a hurry but I am not going to judge a coach under these circumstances. It is very hard to implement a whole new philosophy, culture, and mindset in just a few months. Coach Johnson did it his first year but he had the benefit of some really talented, experienced players who would have looked good running the single wing. This is a work in progress so be patient. If three years from now, we are getting blown out and muffing punts then have had it.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
That Clemson will go 15-0 again.

We simply cannot judge after this game. We have an incomplete team. We knew that. However, I saw lots of bright spots and think that 2-3 years will mean a lot of great things. I think that this team easily has the talent to be a bowl team and showed that. We're totally outclassed against Clemson and UGAg again. Everything else is a fight. Not actually different than any of the last 3 years.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Relax man. This is against a team that averaged 45 points a game last year while we are in a completely new system and most of our starters are sophomores or younger. Considering they stopped them on third down several times (ended 6-12) picked the best QB in football twice and recovered a fumble, I was pleased with the defense. They will only get better and won't face as talented of an offense again this year.

Yeah, exactly. No one is saying the D played great or anything. Look, we were going to killed by Clemson one way or the other

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Hmmm let me see...I learned that we played undisputedly the #1 team in the country and lost about what I thought we would lose by, but we played with FANTASTIC effort. You can’t have consistent mental errors against a team like Clemson and that was our downfall...( for keeping it close.)

We’ll be OK. CU is head and shoulders better than anyone in this league/CFB.

If we lay an egg against USF then we should start worrying. But you guys need to wake up realize we played (1st string to 3rd string) quiet possibly the best team that Tech has played within the past 20 yrs.

But we’ll see...Go Jackets

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Well, what did we learn?
Defense can be good. OL didn’t look awful. Mason is going to be really good. Didn’t see enough of the WR’s. Graham should be the starter.

Clemson does this to everyone pretty much, so it’s pretty hard to gauge this team. I think we will know more after next Saturday. The above is just a small sample of what I noticed.

I actually think we can win the costal......

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
1. That we have no D line
2. That I am not really sure what our offense is
3. That Harvin will have 100 punts this year
4. That we just played a team that maybe could beat a few pro teams.

Let's hold off and look at us after week 2.

I don’t think we should condemn the Dline completely yet. Clemson O is their strength this year. What we lack is any semblance of a pass rush...no threat at DE. I think the interior DTs are okay.

Our scheme on O......ugh!

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I am holding out hope that our guys will make something of this season, because if they don't, and it goes off the rails, it WOULD impact any recruiting momentum the staff has going. We must get some DT's and inside LB's (and yes, some edge rushers also). I knew we would not have a pass rush. When we blitzed the last few years, we almost never got there. When we did not blitz, we for sure never got there. We don't have DT's that can force double teams opening holes for LB's or others to get at the QB.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
That Clemson will go 15-0 again.

We simply cannot judge after this game. We have an incomplete team. We knew that. However, I saw lots of bright spots and think that 2-3 years will mean a lot of great things. I think that this team easily has the talent to be a bowl team and showed that. We're totally outclassed against Clemson and UGAg again. Everything else is a fight. Not actually different than any of the last 3 years.

Who do you see stopping them? Bama’s down 2 starting MLBs. Oklahoma? They don’t play defense. Sadly, the best bet is the Nad lickers to the east.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 2897

Trevor Lawrence had 13 completions, 168 yards, 1 TD and 2 INT. Nobody else will shut him down like that the rest of year.

We have a lot of work to do, but that was definitely one of a few positives tonight.

Graham looked good, as did Harvin and a few others.

FLTech

Georgia Tech Fan
We played a scrimmage game against the best team in the country in the most hostile stadium in the country.. and their Heisman throw 2 interceptions.. he threw 4 all season long last season. Everybody knew we were going to lose anyways. For heaven’s sake, that team crushed Alabama last season.

and we dominate the rest of the schedule with the exception of Georgia and go 10-2 because of this learning curve experience. It was a good experience to get this game out of the way.

Taught our players and coaches a lot.

I’m proud how we kept fighting til the last play.

I would rather lost tonight against the best team in the country in that environment then win against Furman in our environment.

Tonight was huge as far as development

We will never have that scenario again so it will only get easier from this experience.

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
I am holding out hope that our guys will make something of this season, because if they don't, and it goes off the rails, it WOULD impact any recruiting momentum the staff has going. We must get some DT's and inside LB's (and yes, some edge rushers also). I knew we would not have a pass rush. When we blitzed the last few years, we almost never got there. When we did not blitz, we for sure never got there. We don't have DT's that can force double teams opening holes for LB's or others to get at the QB.
GT can be like cu and ugag just let about 75 percent be special admits lay in gym all do give them the car or truck of their choice put them up in lake houses with boats and jet skis plus throw in a little spending money and GT could have a team like they do !

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
GT can be like cu and ugag just let about 75 percent be special admits lay in gym all do give them the car or truck of their choice put them up in lake houses with boats and jet skis plus throw in a little spending money and GT could have a team like they do !

No, we will never be a factory, and I would never want that. I am hoping we can get a few for our front 7 though without having to be a factory. Remember, I am a HUGE CPJ fan, but if CGC is going to be successful, and I hope he will be, he has to recruit more like O'Leary did than the way CPJ did.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Is that a sentence or a paragraph?

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Why do you think coaches didn’t give him more opportunities? I thought LJ would start?(n)

And I still think he is the starter. Unless CGC plans on running option plays all year. Not being critical but I really think this was the game plan tonight. TO started bc the plan was to try and hold the ball.

LJ didn’t play bc he isn’t the QB to use if you plan on your QB running the ball 20 times

Animal02

Banned
We played a scrimmage game against the best team in the country in the most hostile stadium in the country.. and their Heisman throw 2 interceptions.. he threw 4 all season long last season. Everybody knew we were going to lose anyways. For heaven’s sake, that team crushed Alabama last season.

and we dominate the rest of the schedule with the exception of Georgia and go 10-2 because of this learning curve experience. It was a good experience to get this game out of the way.

Taught our players and coaches a lot.

I’m proud how we kept fighting til the last play.

I would rather lost tonight against the best team in the country in that environment then win against Furman in our environment.

Tonight was huge as far as development

We will never have that scenario again so it will only get easier from this experience.
Kool-Aid-Pitcher.jpg