Clemson Postgame

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
We need help at linebacker. We need to figure out who is going to be the starting QB. The fumble on the punt return at the beginning of the game set the tone. This is a young team, it will be better after game 5.

I don't think we had any serious injures tonight. That is a plus.

Yeah, been an issue for a while.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Haven’t read any of the above posts. But my postgame thoughts are this: Early on: the D held their own for the most part. 14 pts from 2 fumbles inside the 20 and a 90 yd run off of missed tackles. I would like to have seen less of the 3rd down and long Qb runs that have haunted us over the last number of years. All in all, I wasn’t that discouraged by our defense against their first team offense. Offensively, I’m trying to be reserved because I know we were limited in what we could do tonight given the opposing d line of Clem, but I would’ve liked for us to hit some slants and smoke routes to Brown, Davis and carter etc just to stretch the d. We may not have had the time to run an effective rpo, but a snap and pass to slant or te was there. We will get there. Tough game tonight but hopefully we start exposing teams with Tyler and Ahmarean over the middle pretty soon.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Saw some good things on defense. Some LBs still with bad habits which led to big runs for TDs. Impressed with the secondary especially Swilling. Should’ve had 2

Fans have to realize the biggest hurdle of playing man2man is a scrambling QB. Everyone backs are turned from the LOS. Also, expect to see a lot of bootlegs and counters.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Saw some good things on defense. Some LBs still with bad habits which led to big runs for TDs. Impressed with the secondary especially Swilling. Should’ve had 2

Fans have to realize the biggest hurdle of playing man2man is a scrambling QB. Everyone backs are turned from the LOS. Also, expect to see a lot of bootlegs and counters.

Lawrence can cover some serious ground. He’s sick.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
- Tre Swilling is a beast
- Jordan Mason looked really good even with the OL playing against a great DL
- Jerry Howard also looked good
- Ahmarean Brown looks like a player
- The DBs are probably going to be the strength of the defense this year
- James Graham has that “give me the ball” look out there. He may make lots of mistakes but it seems the moment isn’t too big for him (note I am not saying he should be starting... he was playing against a lot of backups... but he didn’t look lost)
- The OL and DL need work, though that’s not really something we learned as we knew that AND this was against the top team in the country so I am going to give them the space to improve over the season without making judgments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jojatk

Helluva Engineer

The DBs as a group impressed me. And I liked that we seemed to be attacking and while I agree completely that the LBs showed some bad habits I was encouraged that a bunch of young guys got some good playing time against what may be the best team in the country and kept hitting hard. The Clemson OL manhandled the DL quite a bit, it seemed but that shouldn’t be a surprise, right. I think the guys have a ways to go but I saw some things, as well, that made me feel like eventually this is going to be a good defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
  1. Defense looked good before they were gassed
  2. Offense, can't be judged just yet, because this is Clemson
  3. It's Oliver and run, or try James or Yates
  4. O line surprisingly want that bad honestly in pass pro
  5. I need to lay off wine after beer on game day

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
This game shouldn't be a determination on our coaches nor the team. If anyone writes them off after this one game against the no 1 team in the country then they need to look at their expectations. I think we all expected more on both sides of the ball. But this game 1 , there is a lot to be played still and a lot of improvement. Remember we are trying to rebuild with option based players.
The main thing that stood out to me is the Collins really wants to get this right, never once did I see him get in the face of a player and curse them out like cpj did.

We got real lucky year one with cpj because of the option, not as lucky this time around . Give it time and keep supporting the team

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
What happened (after Tre Swillings int) on the 3rd down play at the goal-line where it appeared that we scored a TD, then the refs acted like the play never happened, no flag and no explanation?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Lawrence can cover some serious ground. He’s sick.

I agree...this kid is not a pure pocket passer like I had thought. He can move enough to cause damage. i was impressed with his hustle to keep Swilling from scoring a TD after the pick. yes, he had a great angle but not many qb's are able or willing to make that play. Best college QB I have seen since Lil' Joe although his NFL upside is obviously much higher.