Clemson Postgame

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
The game played out about how I expected. We have/had big ?s all over the offense (pretty much every position other than RB) and unfortunately it was unlikely the answers to those questions would favor us most of the time. Obviously we'll have more success against teams not Clemson, but we'll experience growing pains for most of the season. Defensively we showed some flashes of great play that give cause for hope, but the weakness along the DL will haunt us throughout the year.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I can’t tell what we are yet. Something about the playcalling tells me we had a modified game plan for tonight to maybe slow the bleeding. Imo, Graham is the best pure passer on the team and he read the defense better then the other 2 QBs. Hit his check downs and hit his throws over the top. OL isn’t as bad as we thought, gave Graham and LJ some time. Seemed Tobias knew he was running regardless of play call. Also can’t have that sloppy handoff to Jamious that gives Clemson the ball inside the 10. Oliver would be one of the best WR on the team if he played there and he should. He’s not a QB in this scheme and if he starts next week I’m worried about us winning a conference game. Was very disappointed in the Play calling all night, if we are scared to throw with 8 in box it tells me we have the wrong QB on the field. Tre proved tonight he is the best player on the team and I’m so happy for him. Juanyeh and Oliver tackled well, little disappointed in Carpenter tonight, he didn’t seem like himself. Missed a couple tackles but it was against the top RB in America. Thought Bruce was our best LB tonight, Curry is the same old Curry after one game. Missed tackles bad angles galore. DL is what it is, there’s a reason we have multiple DL commits this year and took a ton last year. All in all I think this is a Bowl year for us with the coastal being the worst division in P5 Football. After next week I think we will have a true grasp of where we are at.

Last edited:

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Good:
Defense early
DB Play; Aggressive and not giving cushion on 3rd and short
Mason & Howard
Graham looked confident
Punter
forced turnovers
Swilling

Bad:
Juanyeh
Oliver as a passer
LJ - not sure his role
Short yardage playcalling
Didnt push the ball to the edge at all
LB Play
91 on D on the 90 yarder
DL overall

Deleted member 2897

Lawrence has 0 TDS, 1 INT, and 47 yards passing at halftime. He hit that 1 big long TD early in the second half where Higgins pushed off and that 1 play was essentially his night. Outside that 1 play he had barely 100 yards, 0 TDS and 2 INT.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Disappointing start. I was hoping we would give them more of a game. They were loading the box and bringing the heat on most every play. We did not have an ability to make them pay for that so that made our offense look inept. The defense was good and bad. Inconsistent I think is the best way to put it. Looks like we have some guys playing in the wrong positions. We just have to keep evaluating, tweaking and demanding better from the team and the coaches. The fans need to get better as well.

Go Jackets!

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Good:
Defense early
DB Play; Aggressive and not giving cushion on 3rd and short
Mason & Howard
Graham looked confident
Punter
forced turnovers
Swilling

Bad:
Juanyeh
Oliver as a passer
LJ - not sure his role
Short yardage playcalling
Didnt push the ball to the edge at all
LB Play
91 on D on the 90 yarder
DL overall
D will be decent against a front of 3 stars like everyone on the schedule not named Clemson or Georgia
Howard/Mason and Smith will have a big year
Graham is our QB
Harvin will be a weapon
Swilling will be a pro
Juanyeh will bounce back
Oliver needs to line up as a rb or wildcat QB
Shirt yardage needs to run under center
A rocket toss will work on the edge
LB play. Ehhhhhh. BJS that’s about it
DL. Zero pressure