Clemson Postgame

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
If we are being honest, Lawrence wasn't exactly at the top of his game last night in general. He was missing some easy throws and making some poor decisions.
I guess giving our D any credit for that is out of the question? Almost every QB will miss some easy throws and make some poor decisions in the course of a game.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
No way bro, you’re WAY to entertaining on here

abcty.gif

.. but you'd be surprised at how many people roll their eyes at the very sight of me.

Who are you talking to/about? I can't see anything...

YbIQ9y1.gif

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I guess giving our D any credit for that is out of the question? Almost every QB will miss some easy throws and make some poor decisions in the course of a game.
I didn't mean it quite that harshly. Our secondary played well for the most part, but he was definitely rusty and once they realized they could run at will against us they didn't really pass the ball anymore. He only threw one pass in the second half before he came out.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I just want to know, (seriously) how in the actual F is a football team touching a freaking rock and then skipping down a grass hill to enter the stadium the most exciting 25 seconds in all of CFB?
Yes. This kind of hyperbole cracks me up. [Not your post... but your point]. Just another example of the "entertainment" industry having to tell us what is exciting... & 88% of what is exciting is tied for 1st. ...you should put such nonsense on ignore too.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Cued this one up at a play to watch the holding by the offensive line. You can see the handfuls of jersey some of them have on our DL. Not sure how you combat that sort of stuff that the Refs never seem to see.

I have not examined every running play from the game but I usually fall into the crowd of holding happens every play and I'd prefer if the refs just kept their flags in their pocket.

Just hope our guys get away with it more than theirs. Last night appeared to have gone that way.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I just want to know, (seriously) how in the actual F is a football team touching a freaking rock and then skipping down a grass hill to enter the stadium the most exciting 25 seconds in all of CFB?

I don't think the media, long ago, declared that.

I think Clemson came up with that.

I think RRFGT is the greatest college song ever - doesn't mean every other cfb agrees.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
this is at least a 5 year rebuild. CPJ left no talent.

that's the ticket! Blame the other coach! The thin tread on that wheel is gonna wear off in a hurry. This is Collins' team, good, bad or indifferent. He wanted it, it is his dream job, now it is up to him. Clemson proves very little, except maybe he shouldn't promote pro style offense and then start an option runner at QB in the first game, a fellow we knew from a year ago could not throw the ball. Clemson knew it too. So give 'em time, or if you are an adamant anti-Collins guy, make it rope. Not one game, though.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'm encouraged, with a bit of a caveat.

First of all, I think our D did really well to start the game. I'm really disappointed that we gave up those two turnovers in the redzone in the first quarter. What's worse, neither of them was forced by CU.

Secondly, I liked the plan to focus on running the QB in the first half. Tobias had played significant snaps in a hostile stadium and was best prepared to keep his cool. He even moved the ball pretty well at first.

However, it didn't look like we made any adjustments when they put 9 in the box. I also have no idea why we ran a true freshman in the first half when the game was still theoretically in reach. The TD was the only play that jumped out at me as having a pitch option.

The second half was concerning only to the extent that I was hoping that we'd be able to perform better against their 2nd and third string.

Still, on the whole I'm encouraged, especially by our D. I have some concerns about coordination of the offense, especially the running game, but I suspect that our opponent may have been the biggest factor.

Go Jackets!

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Sometime during the 1990s, I was watching a Raycom broadcast of Clemson playing a reasonably decent Wake Forest team. The Tigers were doing their touch the rock thing and then sort of stopped because Wake Forest players were at the bottom of the hill jeering at them and waving their arms as to say "Let's go" Kind of funny that it was Wake. Not a bit intimidated by all that excitement.