Clemson Post-game Thread

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
You do realize our starting QB and RB wouldn't even be on the team right now without Geoff Collins, right? Wait 4 seasons for us to have a starting roster made up of them before you talk **** about recruiting.
So you're saying we'll be national title contenders and beat Clemson in 4 years?

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Not many of these guys take engineering or computer science. Those majors are different animals. GT does have majors that don't require that level of math and science.
The vast majority don’t. Survey of Calc, Finite, entry level CS, and 2 rounds of EAS.

I took CS and my last EAS class my final year. Lots of classes you can take to keep your GPA up.

Fact of the matter is most people (who have no clue) want to make excuses. There are some who can’t get it. Those kids are destined for a Bama, Dwags, LSU, UNC...etc

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
This team sucks, period. The FSU win was a joke.

And that Syracuse team that beat Georgia Tech 37-20 is 1-4... Only win is against Georgia Tech. They got their *** kicked by LIBERTY today. They haven't even kept a loss within single digits this year.

1. Lost by 25 to North Carolina
  2. Lost by 11 to Pitt
  3. Lost by 14 to Duke
  4. Lost by 17 to Liberty

Beat Georgia Tech 37-20

Good gravy.

High grade of stupidity here

So our win vs. FSU was luck, but Syracuse vs us wasn’t when we were missing 7 players?

Speaking of FSU, they beat the nuthuggers on here favorite team UNC

Well, we returned two that I remember, but that is beside the point. I have been thinking about it more in general and not really calling out this game specifically.
Based on the first 4 games, except for one really great return we made (maybe 2), I agree. I guess they always hope there's a chance to break one, but that's just rare. Fair catch it and start on (what?) the 35.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
We aren't going to get to championship level, meaning National, without top 15 recruiting. Period. No system is going to overcome that.
So how then are we getting to the level of Clemson (CGC's words in the post game press conference) if we can't recruiting top 15 or better?

Also I think scheming can help elevate you somewhat to the next level without as great recruiting.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Look, I’m pretty sure none of us realistically expected this thing to be close, but I also can’t believe some of ya’ll are mad that some fans are upset at losing 73-7 lol

So would have 52-7 made you feel better?

It’s not the being mad part, it’s the somehow today is an indictment on the season progress and what the future will be,

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
The vast majority don’t. Survey of Calc, Finite, entry level CS, and 2 rounds of EAS.

I took CS and my last EAS class my final year. Lots of classes you can take to keep your GPA up.

Fact of the matter is most people (who have no clue) want to make excuses. There are some who can’t get it. Those kids are destined for a Bama, Dwags, LSU, UNC...etc
I think tech would do really well if we did more national recruiting. Casting a wider net gives us the best chance of landing good to great consistent talent who can get in/make it at tech academically.

I believe Ross's NC team had players from all over.

We also have so much competition in the south with all of the factories.

Maybe this strategy could lead to elite level recruiting that is required to get to the factory level class rankings without easing academic restrictions.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer

It’s not the being mad part, it’s the somehow today is an indictment on the season progress and what the future will be,
That's a good point. 52-7 is pretty much as bad as 73-7. It was just painful how we couldn't stop/show down their 4th string.

I think we ultimately have to wait till the end of next year to truly judge the direction of the program.

For example, up until today, the o line was giving up very few sacks. Today we gave up 5. Now I know it's Clemson, but still it shows there work to be done. I expect next year will show even more improvement in that department. We will ultimately have to wait and see.

It's never as good or as bad as it seems.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer

No... the fact that we performed worst than last year with more talent on the field is infuriating and at home. We have seen improvements, but you MUST keep this game within the spread. Around 28-35 points. To be beat by 60+ points and look like you don't even belong in the same league is not a good look. They would of been better off not even coming out in the 2nd half citing covid symptoms. To allow the punter to play QB and move the ball against us is flat out embarrassing.

No shape way or form did I expect to win, but NO ONE expected to be dominated 99.9% of the game like we were a bunch of 5 yr olds learning to play football for the 1st time.

Our own Players Perspective Tom C agrees that our safeties looked COMPLETELY LOST.

How do you look lost as a Senior and Junior? Riq has been horrible in the secondary. Juanyeh is great at tackling, but cannot play zone to save his life. They are weak at WR if any position on the field and they flat out made our secondary look like they never played football. One play did we press messed up a WRs route and caused a pick. Looks like that pissed off Trevor as he laid 404 passing yards on us. As a FU to the GT program.

There is NO EXCUSE to not perform better than we did last year. Last year was the 1st game in 2 new systems offense and defense. Key has some new guys, our defense has a year and a half to know this defense and they looked like they had no idea what defense they were in for 75% of the game.

I've NEVER in my life seen a defense look so stupid. No team ball on defense. Everyone wanted to be a playmaker and guess what. Everyone got burned. Clemson swarmed to the ball. 11 hats on the ball. GT? 1on1 and toasted.

I'm not saying we won't improve. I am saying that was inexcusable from coaching, players, down to the friggin water boy. Yes they are the #1 team, but we are not that bad. If we are that bad then we might as well close up shop.

Crap wake forest didn't even lose that badly. We have 3x the talent that wake forest has and their is no excuse in knowledge of the playback this year.

Jeff better clean up his fumble issues. Our Oline better learn to pancake, our linebackers better start getting through gaps and making hits, and our safeties BETTER learn how to play football in the most basic of sense.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
We are not as bad as we played today. But good God we looked like complete idiots. **** looks better than we did today.

If I'm Collins I'm threatening everyone's scholarship after that game. Cut the hugs and kiss the boo boo crap out. These are men and they need to be yelled at with a reality check. They played soft and they took is hard up the butt today

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
No... the fact that we performed worst than last year with more talent on the field is infuriating and at home. We have seen improvements, but you MUST keep this game within the spread. Around 28-35 points. To be beat by 60+ points and look like you don't even belong in the same league is not a good look. They would of been better off not even coming out in the 2nd half citing covid symptoms. To allow the punter to play QB and move the ball against us is flat out embarrassing.

No shape way or form did I expect to win, but NO ONE expected to be dominated 99.9% of the game like we were a bunch of 5 yr olds learning to play football for the 1st time.

Our own Players Perspective Tom C agrees that our safeties looked COMPLETELY LOST.

How do you look lost as a Senior and Junior? Riq has been horrible in the secondary. Juanyeh is great at tackling, but cannot play zone to save his life. They are weak at WR if any position on the field and they flat out made our secondary look like they never played football. One play did we press messed up a WRs route and caused a pick. Looks like that pissed off Trevor as he laid 404 passing yards on us. As a FU to the GT program.

There is NO EXCUSE to not perform better than we did last year. Last year was the 1st game in 2 new systems offense and defense. Key has some new guys, our defense has a year and a half to know this defense and they looked like they had no idea what defense they were in for 75% of the game.

I've NEVER in my life seen a defense look so stupid. No team ball on defense. Everyone wanted to be a playmaker and guess what. Everyone got burned. Clemson swarmed to the ball. 11 hats on the ball. GT? 1on1 and toasted.

I'm not saying we won't improve. I am saying that was inexcusable from coaching, players, down to the friggin water boy. Yes they are the #1 team, but we are not that bad. If we are that bad then we might as well close up shop.

Crap wake forest didn't even lose that badly. We have 3x the talent that wake forest has and their is no excuse in knowledge of the playback this year.

Jeff better clean up his fumble issues. Our Oline better learn to pancake, our linebackers better start getting through gaps and making hits, and our safeties BETTER learn how to play football in the most basic of sense.
Did you ever consider Clemson might be better than last year? We looked like crap today, but I don’t think this is revealing of us as a program. We are a better football team and program than we were 365 days ago. Sometimes these things multiply each other - like playing mostly freshman and sophomores on DL against arguably the greatest college QB ever and having a secondary that is not equipped for our scheme. Good teams expose that. It wasn’t evident against FSU or UL because we’re as good as those teams. I think it’s fair to say our staff and players need to get better at handling success