Clemson Post-game Thread

I guess my biggest question mark about the 73-7 beatdown is why would Gleason not get to take a few snaps if for nothing else than to get some experience in a live game since he is ATL? I mean, if he can't get in on a 66 point loss, what would it take for him to get some playing time? The coaches seemed to be very high on him in the off season even though he didn't get the starting nod.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
I guess my biggest question mark about the 73-7 beatdown is why would Gleason not get to take a few snaps if for nothing else than to get some experience in a live game since he is ATL? I mean, if he can't get in on a 66 point loss, what would it take for him to get some playing time? The coaches seemed to be very high on him in the off season even though he didn't get the starting nod.

Agree with this. I know he hasn’t been put in great situations, but Yates hasn’t looked as good as I’d hoped our #2 would look.

I’d definitely like to see Gleason get some reps for sure. I assumed based on his size that he was the guy Coach P mentioned they had a package for with him running the ball some.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
It does seem the coaches have gone back on their qb philosophy. Last year when asked about why we played so many QBs it was because "if a player is ATL, it means he will play". I don't really care what we do, but I was surprised in the first couple games when we didn't play more of the qbs.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
It does seem the coaches have gone back on their qb philosophy. Last year when asked about why we played so many QBs it was because "if a player is ATL, it means he will play". I don't really care what we do, but I was surprised in the first couple games when we didn't play more of the qbs.

I actually think the philosophy stayed the same but the situation drastically changed. I think both years the philosophy was do whatever we can to find a QB we feel good about building the team around for the next couple of years. I think the difference is last year nobody really stepped up and showed that so the coaches switched QBs some to see them all. This year, despite the miscues, Sims showed that ability, to me, so there wasn't the need to switch QBs to find that. Last year we committed to Graham in a similar way, but it was just a few games later, and felt more like by default than anything.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
If Gleason doesn't see some meaningful action this season, I fear he may hit the portal.

I don’t want anyone to leave, but if he doesn’t see meaningful action that would lead me to believe there are 3 guys outplaying him.

We also have a good looking prospect coming in next year.

That being said, I’m hopeful he get some opportunities in games (because we’re blowing someone out) so we can see what he can do.