Clemson Post-game Thread

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Money is a huge issue but money alone won't solve the issues on the sideline and the press box.
Like 85E said ...Geoff needs to make changes with his coordinators.
So go find us some better coordinators who are willing to accept the challenges that come along with rebuilding a team from scratch, the recruiting difficulties at Tech, and are willing to put their reputations on the line of the experiment fails.

You’ve got about $500k per year to work with, more than like probably going to need at least a 4 year contract, so that’s a $2M allotment for both jobs. Please find 2 guys who will do better jobs with what there is currently to work with. We’re all begging you to

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
No way. You should share some of what you're smoking! LOL. Seriously...you don't think Venables would keep the score below 40? Or that they'd score more than 7? LOL. Seriously...I'm almost on the floor here.
Gene ales was about to be fired at Oklahoma because his defense was weak . He became great when he got the best players money can buy !

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Money is a huge issue but money alone won't solve the issues on the sideline and the press box.
Like 85E said ...Geoff needs to make changes with his coordinators.

Only TStan and Geoff know the plan. My guess is, TStan gave Geoff 4 years to flip the roster and thats when he will hire a seasoned staff. Until then, we shopping at Dollar General.

Well I am here in the ATL sitting on my friends deck. Went to the game. So let me put a little reality into it all. I sat behind Trevor Lawrences' parents today and a friend of theirs. I asked them if they had another son who could go to Tech.... now their friend has a daughter at Tech so take this as is. Trevor's parents said....Trevor is a good student but their is no way he could get in Tech or stay there. For those of you who think we can recruit our way into the level you think we can....just consider what you just read. We need to scheme our way to success and this staff only believes we can run some vanilla pro style offense and defense. I think we will get to be the Chan years and nothing more.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
But you are. :ROFLMAO:
I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you suggesting that I should have gone and taken the headset from Collins? Or are you suggesting that I should have put on a helmet? Well, I'm afraid my eligibility is up and my dance moves aren't good enough to make this team anyway.

Milwaukee

Banned
Well I am here in the ATL sitting on my friends deck. Went to the game. So let me put a little reality into it all. I sat behind Trevor Lawrences' parents today and a friend of theirs. I asked them if they had another son who could go to Tech.... now their friend has a daughter at Tech so take this as is. Trevor's parents said....Trevor is a good student but their is no way he could get in Tech or stay there. For those of you who think we can recruit our way into the level you think we can....just consider what you just read. We need to scheme our way to success and this staff only believes we can run some vanilla pro style offense and defense. I think we will get to be the Chan years and nothing more.

Okay Colorado. Trevor Lawrence couldn’t qualify to get into GT or stay eligible if he did. Ummkay. Our fanbase is something else.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer

I just hope we can reach the Chan years, at this point. I see nothing on the coaching staff (at least the top 3 guys) right now that tells me when we get the roster flipped with better recruiting (still won't be top 10-15 recruiting) that this staff can "coach 'em up" enough to compete with the top level teams or even 2nd tier teams (11-20) who are coached really, really well. I continue to say that it will get harder and harder to recruit as results like this come in, but I know, it won't hurt at all, because the high school players will know "all GT needs is them" and "competition is king" and so on and so on. ha,ha

GT_EE78

Banned
It matters to the point so many of you are making that this is simply a talent problem. Really? So Liberty must have better talent than we do I guess.

We have a serious coaching problem and too many of you are in denial. I like CGC. Let's see if he is smart enough to get good coordinators rather than friends.
Nah, the 247 composite has us at 34 and Liberty at 127.
I don't know how they beat a team by 17 who beat us by 17.
makes my brain Freeze to think about it.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
If it makes y’all feel any better most people don’t care clemson beat us so bad because they played a nobody...

No...? Idk. Just trying to find a silver lining.

pcctlw

Georgia Tech Fan
Clemson's average margin of victory (Wake, UVA & Miami) was 22
I'm concerned
I hope it doesn't impact recruiting
Throw in Citadel and it still about half our margin. This is coaching and talent. With higher rated talent we have regressed.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Maybe if he was a regular student this would be true. As regular students aren’t afforded the benefits that student athletes are. But even then, if TL is as dedicated to his craft as everyone says he is, he would be more than fine as a student. Tech’s retention rate is very high now. Getting in is much more difficult than getting out. 95% of high school football recruits could be admitted as football players and have little to no trouble with the school aspect of Georgia Tech. It’s not easy, but it’s not nearly as difficult as what some of our fans make it out to be. Go to class, have a good relationship with your professors, and do your assignments, and they’ll find a way to make sure you keep a C average.

The only argument that could be made against this is that some schools don’t actually make their players go to class or put in any work. This is a lot less common than what most fans like to think it is too. Even at your blue-blood schools. The overwhelming majority of players are in class everyday, just like a regular student, even the superstars. The blue-bloods might have 6-7 guys that they allow to skate by, but everyone else does the work.

For better or worse, things have changed at Tech. If an athlete can get into Tech, he will most assuredly be able to survive academically and get out.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I knew today was going to be an *** whipping. Just two years ago, there were many comments that we would be uncompetitive for 3-4 years. Nothing new.

Honestly ... we have already exceeded expectations this year by winning two conference games.

I do predict that Geoff is pacing the way for the next coach but c’mon ... we are Vanderbilt competing against an NFL team. If we win five ... celebrate and move on to next year. We lost fewer games than we thought ...

Now ... back to the greatest transformation in the history of the world ...

Maybe if he was a regular student this would be true. As regular students aren’t afforded the benefits that student athletes are. But even then, if TL is as dedicated to his craft as everyone says he is, he would be more than fine as a student. Tech’s retention rate is very high now. Getting in is much more difficult than getting out. 95% of high school football recruits could be admitted as football players and have little to no trouble with the school aspect of Georgia Tech. It’s not easy, but it’s not nearly as difficult as what some of our fans make it out to be. Go to class, have a good relationship with your professors, and do your assignments, and they’ll find a way to make sure you keep a C average.

The only argument that could be made against this is that some schools don’t actually make their players go to class or put in any work. This is a lot less common than what most fans like to think it is too. Even at your blue-blood schools. The overwhelming majority of players are in class everyday, just like a regular student, even the superstars. The blue-bloods might have 6-7 guys that they allow to skate by, but everyone else does the work.
Point being....our recruiting base is limited.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I knew today was going to be an *** whipping. Just two years ago, there were many comments that we would be uncompetitive for 3-4 years. Nothing new.

Honestly ... we have already exceeded expectations this year by winning two conference games.

I do predict that Geoff is pacing the way for the next coach but c’mon ... we are Vanderbilt competing against an NFL team. If we win five ... celebrate and move on to next year. We lost fewer games than we thought ...

Now ... back to the greatest transformation in the history of the world ...

This in bold still makes me laugh every time. I think we will still be hearing about it for 2-3 more years, until it wears thin.