Clemson Crossover Game

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
There are of course always exceptions but for the most part Clemson's fans seem knowledgeable and decent.

Do we travel well up there? They should be able to say the same of us. Not far, decent drive.

I imagine that we sell out our allotment but we would never get the same level of crowd up there since their own fans fill up their stadium not leaving many tickets on the market for opposition fans.

My daughter has attended two games there with the band and she does not hold their fans in high regard. She says that Miami has the worst home-fans - shocking, I know.

Better that than 60% filthy dwags at BDS.
This is the most embarrassing thing about COFH. I have been part of the problem since I only attended a COFH at Grant Field once since the '80's (2013), but I got my tickets for this year.

I hope that CPJ and his young men are going to get many more GT fans on board going forward and we can begin to change this shameful situation.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
My experiences at Clemson have been good, except for the final score a couple times. I find most of their fans to be football savvy and classy. Beautiful stadium....and yes they do fill that sucker up.

I've heard some bad stories though. A group I sit next to at home games did get threatened and chased once by a large group of Clemson frat boys (think it was the Calvin TD catch game...I wasnt at that one sadly).

On a side note, you will never see more cowboy boot wearing chicks than at a Clemson game. Boots boots everywhere.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
My daughter is going to Clemson next year but I hate many of the fans. Typically the worst ones never went to Clemson and are identical to mutt fans but wear a different color. Since I now live in SC I want to beat them badly every year.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Getting rid of Clemson is a bad mistake....We already have a tuff time trying to over come perceived weak OOC scheduling. ...Trading Clemson for a Wake or NC State game will only hurt our program especially when it comes to CFP selections....

Animal02

Banned
Getting rid of Clemson is a bad mistake....We already have a tuff time trying to over come perceived weak OOC scheduling. ...Trading Clemson for a Wake or NC State game will only hurt our program especially when it comes to CFP selections....

I disagree completely. The conference schedules in the eyes of the CFP will be viewed as "they are what they are" Individual teams have no say in terms of what other conference teams they play. Going undefeated is the surest way of getting into the CFP, year end and year out. (Until they wake up and recognize the conference champion as the automatic qualifier) Handicapping the ACC by having the "top" teams play each other every year is a sure way to see the ACC left out of the CFP unfairly more often. What needs to happen is for the CFP selection to view a FCS game as a loss or "did not play" in terms of deciding teams. That will force wannabe contenders to abandon the cupcake games.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I disagree completely. The conference schedules in the eyes of the CFP will be viewed as "they are what they are" Individual teams have no say in terms of what other conference teams they play. Going undefeated is the surest way of getting into the CFP, year end and year out. (Until they wake up and recognize the conference champion as the automatic qualifier) Handicapping the ACC by having the "top" teams play each other every year is a sure way to see the ACC left out of the CFP unfairly more often. What needs to happen is for the CFP selection to view a FCS game as a loss or "did not play" in terms of deciding teams. That will force wannabe contenders to abandon the cupcake games.

If things had worked out differently in the SEC, it would have been interesting to see what they would have done with FSU. It seems that they were willing to devalue FSU's wins.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Let's simplify this conversation for kicks. Forget about pods, rotations or not counting the crossover game in your division record or letting it affect eligibility in the ACCCG.

Would you drop Clemson as an every year opponent as a ploy to make the schedule easier and improve chances of getting in the playoffs or would you keep Clemson as an every year opponent because they are our best rival outside of uga?

If that is the choice I say keep Clemson.

Animal02

Banned
Let's simplify this conversation for kicks. Forget about pods, rotations or not counting the crossover game in your division record or letting it affect eligibility in the ACCCG.

Would you drop Clemson as an every year opponent as a ploy to make the schedule easier and improve chances of getting in the playoffs or would you keep Clemson as an every year opponent because they are our best rival outside of uga?

So you are in favor of playing a particular team over obtaining the yearly goal of the team?

The goal of the team should be winning the ACC and getting in and winning the CFP.....I see no reason to handicap that goal by forcing a made up rivalry.

Animal02

Banned
If things had worked out differently in the SEC, it would have been interesting to see what they would have done with FSU. It seems that they were willing to devalue FSU's wins.

I do not see a undefeated team in the P% getting left out of the CFP unless there is one undefeated team from each of the 5 conferences, or that undefeated team played 2 FCS teams and a couple non P5' OCC.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I do not see a undefeated team in the P% getting left out of the CFP unless there is one undefeated team from each of the 5 conferences, or that undefeated team played 2 FCS teams and a couple non P5' OCC.

I don't disagree with you necessarily, but I didn't think an undefeated P5 team would be moved down below 1-loss teams either. In week 14, the top 5 were Alabama (10-1), Oregon (10-1), FSU (11-0), MissSt (10-1), TCU (9-1). In week 15, the top 4 were Alabama (11-1), Oregon (11-1), TCU (10-1), and FSU (12-0). Like I said, I tend to agree with you, but they moved TCU ahead of FSU after they beat an unranked 6-5 Texas team. If MissSt had beat #19 Ole Miss to get to 11-1, I'm not sure that the committee wouldn't have put them ahead of FSU too, especially with all the love in the air for the SEC West at the time. The committee thought Alabama was the best team, even with its loss to Ole Miss. If Miss St, who played Bama to 5 pts, then beat Ole Miss, I could see them thinking that they're a top4 team. There was a lot of talk about wanting the best 4 teams and not just the best conference champions. I still think it would've been interesting. I suspect it would've still been the same 4, but I'm not as sure as you.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
FSU almost got left out because of how they were playing, not who they were playing. They needed miracles to beat Notre Dame and Clemson and they struggled against Miami, BC, Louisville, Florida, and NC State. That isn't exactly a murders row of teams. If they beat half of those teams soundly then they would have been comfortably in with no conversation. They made it more interesting than it needed to be.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
FSU almost got left out because of how they were playing, not who they were playing. They needed miracles to beat Notre Dame and Clemson and they struggled against Miami, BC, Louisville, Florida, and NC State. That isn't exactly a murders row of teams. If they beat half of those teams soundly then they would have been comfortably in with no conversation. They made it more interesting than it needed to be.

So? What's your point? I was responding to assertion about simply being undefeated.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
So you are in favor of playing a particular team over obtaining the yearly goal of the team?

The goal of the team should be winning the ACC and getting in and winning the CFP.....I see no reason to handicap that goal by forcing a made up rivalry.
If you put it that way then yes. But putting it that we should also drop Georgia too.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
It just felt to me like FSU was not being judged by the same standards as some other teams but that is just me. I could not for the life of me understand why Missy State was the top team in the nation for over five weeks. Except that the narrative last season was that SEC teams playing SEC teams are counted differently than other conference teams playing each other.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Completely agree....FSU was 4....ACC is devalued....Odds of going undefeated playing 12 game schedule with a CCG is unheard of at GT, so making the case to get rid of a quality Rival to play Wake/NC State is bogus...

GTFLETCH

Banned

Yes Keeping Clemson is a must!!!!!!

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
"Better that than 60% filthy dwags at BDS."

I'm sorry, but this is completely and utterly false and inaccurate. They bring a lot of fans, obviously, it's 45 minutes away, but AT WORST it's been 40-45% ever.

Animal02

Banned
If you put it that way then yes. But putting it that we should also drop Georgia too.
Not at all......the OoC schedule being strong is far more important. AS I have posted many times....I would like to see the FCS games eliminated for those who wish to contend for the CFP.
I would rather have Tech see FSU and Louisville as well as Clemp roll around in the schedule every 4 years......